Transition to UTLogin
UTLogin replaces the Central Web Authentication and Fat Cookie (CWA/FC) system, and all users of the CWA/FC system will be required to transition to UTLogin by June 2014. The timeline for transition, detailed below, has been vetted and endorsed by the Architecture and Infrastructure Committee governance body. In addition, the transition to UTLogin will include the retirement of the deprecated EID concepts of roles and assurance levels.
System transition to UTLogin will be scheduled in four overlapping groups. UTLogin was released to the first group in June 2013, and the CWA/FC system will be retired in June 2014.
- Transition Group 1 (Early Adopters): A small group of Fat Cookie services selected as early adopters of the UTLogin system
- June 24, 2013 - October 4, 2013
- Transition Group 2: Fat Cookie customers using mod_auth_eid and/or php_decode
- July 29, 2013 - January 3, 2013
- Transition Group 3: All remaining Fat Cookie customers
- October 1, 2013 - March 7, 2014
- Transition Group 4: Customers on the UT Direct servers
- April 1, 2014 - June 30, 2014
System administrators of all known CWA/FC customers services have been contacted with their transition group assignment. If you manage a service that uses the CWA/FC system and have not been contacted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transition group assignment.