Project: UT Web Infrastructure
UT Web Infrastructure Project Overview
11/14/2014 - UT Web launched in October 2014 and all available fall migration openings were quickly reserved. As such, registration for fall migrations is now closed but the project team has begun scheduling new customers for winter 2015 and beyond. Requests submitted via the Site Creation Request form will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please visit www.utexas.edu/its/utweb.
This project will gather existing Web hosting requirements, perform analysis and establish a set of recommended policies, procedures and guidelines for UT's next generation Web hosting needs. The project team will also work with campus stakeholders to conduct an evaluation to identify alternatives, including possible cloud-based, outsourced or managed service offerings. Once a recommendation is made and approved, deployment of the new service offering and migration of existing Web sites will be completed.
The goals of this project are to:
- Define requirements and complete a gap analysis.
- Conduct evaluation to determine the best option for the UT environment.
- Deploy the new service as well as associated policies and procedures.
- Migrate existing Web sites to the new service.
- Emergency Web hosting solution implemented - Complete
- Approved project charter - Complete
- Develop project plan and timeline (initial phases) - Complete
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) - Complete
- Define requirements - Complete
- Design service - Complete
- Build service - Spring 2014
- Test migration (e.g., ITS Web sites) and training and documentation - Spring 2014
- Production deployment - Summer 2014
- Migration of existing Websites - Summer 2014+
Note: This is an estimated timeline and subject to change as the project progresses.