Project: UT Web Infrastructure
UT Web Infrastructure Project Overview
12/16/2014 - UT Web, the university's new shared web hosting platform, celebrates another milestone as the first customer sites are now live! Both clm.utexas.edu and neuroscience.utexas.edu went online in late November. Several additional customer migrations from Web Central are underway and reservations for the Winter 2015 migration phase are now being accepted. For additional information, including how to request service, please visit www.utexas.edu/its/utweb.
This project will gather existing Web hosting requirements, perform analysis and establish a set of recommended policies, procedures and guidelines for UT's next generation Web hosting needs. The project team will also work with campus stakeholders to conduct an evaluation to identify alternatives, including possible cloud-based, outsourced or managed service offerings. Once a recommendation is made and approved, deployment of the new service offering and migration of existing Web sites will be completed.
The goals of this project are to:
- Define requirements and complete a gap analysis.
- Conduct evaluation to determine the best option for the UT environment.
- Deploy the new service as well as associated policies and procedures.
- Migrate existing Web sites to the new service.
- Emergency Web hosting solution implemented - Complete
- Approved project charter - Complete
- Develop project plan and timeline (initial phases) - Complete
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) - Complete
- Define requirements - Complete
- Design service - Complete
- Build service - Spring 2014
- Test migration (e.g., ITS Web sites) and training and documentation - Spring 2014
- Production deployment - Summer 2014
- Migration of existing Websites - Summer 2014+
Note: This is an estimated timeline and subject to change as the project progresses.