SmartVoice Voice Mail (Legacy)
New Campus Voice Service: Campus is in the process of converting to a new telephone system. The conversion will be taking place one building at a time through spring 2015. If your building has been converted to the new system please see the Voice Service page. For an updated list of buildings using the new service please see the project deployment page.
The university's voice mail system lets you stay connected - through your office phone, your email, your computer, or even your cell phone. You can seamlessly integrate these technologies to stay in touch - in a way that's customized for your personal needs and preferences - no matter where you are.
- EID (individual) mailboxes, non-EID (generic departmental) mailboxes, and routing boxes (menus) and sub-boxes are available
- Log in by telephone to listen to messages, record greetings, forward messages or create and send new ones
- Use your computer to access your mailbox online using either the UT SmartVoice Web site or the SmartVoice desktop application. Listen to messages, create and schedule greetings, set up forwarding to email, pager notification and more
- Forward your voice messages to any email address and you can listen to your voice messages from your email
- Give callers the option of being transferred to another number, such as your cell phone, if they cannot reach you
Voice mail is $2.60 per month per mailbox, including 20 MB storage for messages and greetings. For new mailboxes, there is a $23 per box installation charge, and a $23 per order new order charge.