Web Conferencing - Adobe Connect
Web conferencing using Adobe Connect enables faculty and staff to create and share presentations and online training materials. Meeting organizers can create a meeting room, invite individuals to their meeting, then present both audio and video information to attendees. Organizers can share their screens, PowerPoint presentations, or other documents for collaborative or teaching purposes. Participants have access to notes, a chatroom, and a whiteboard to further enhance the collaborative experience.
Want to host a meeting? You'll need to register online first (faculty and staff only, UT EID required).
Want to attend a meeting? Just click on the link in the e-mail message that the meeting organizer sent to you. You should also test your connection before your meeting to make sure everything will run smoothly.
- Adobe Connect uses only a Web browser and Adobe Flash Player - no software to download or install!
- Enables faculty to create virutal classrooms and record sessions for future viewing.
- Provides faculty and staff with a way to collaborate with individuals from around the world.
- Enables colleges to host interactive information sessions with prospective students.
- Instead of traveling to a meeting, lecture, or presentation, you can attend a Web conference. You'll save between 0.6 and 1 pound of carbon emissions for each mile you would have traveled.
Adobe Connect Web Conferencing is made available at no direct cost to faculty and staff through a campus cooperative. Individual Colleges, Schools, and Administrative units contribute to the cooperative based upon their groups' annual utilization of the service. Students may use Adobe Connect Web conferencing for classroom purposes with the sponsorship of a faculty member.