Use WebSpace to store copies of important documents such as homework, class notes, and graphics, then access your stored files from anywhere using a Web browser. You can share your files with other WebSpace and non-WebSpace users as well. WebSpace also provides a place to publish your personal Web site.
NOTE: WebSpace displays student names, email addresses, and UT EIDs through the share/search function. Students who restrict their data using the Registrar's Restrict My Info tool are not findable using the share/search function.
- One gigabyte (GB) of file storage space for students, faculty, and staff.
- Students can store files for class and share them with classmates to collaborate on projects.
- Faculty can store files and share them with colleagues around the world (safe for storing Category-I data).
- Publish your personal Web site.
- Access WebSpace using a Web browser or transfer multiple files and folders with WebDAV; secure connection for both access methods.
- Ability to provide file access based on EID or ticket generation (for non-EID holders).
- Sharing and collaborating on electronic documents reduces paper printing, and therefore paper waste.
- Collaborating electronically with remote colleagues can also reduce travel. This saves between 0.6 and 1 pound of carbon emissions for each mile someone would have traveled.
WebSpace is available at no cost to UT students, faculty, and staff.