Windows Services Accounts
A Windows Services account is an administrative account that is required to access any of the Windows services. A Windows Services account can provide you with a comprehensive collaboration, computer management, and data storage solution. Individuals can choose any combination of services. Colleges and departments can leverage the enterprise-level solution that uses Austin Active Directory and includes email and calendar, Web publishing, mobile access, and secure data storage.
- Austin BlackBerry Service - Access your Austin Exchange Messaging Service (AEMS) account from your BlackBerry device (requires Austin Exchange Mailbox option)
- Austin Disk Services - Store sensitive data on a fast, secure, highly redundant system
- Austin Exchange Messaging Service (AEMS) - Access your Austin Exchange email and calendar
- Web Publishing on Windows - Publish personal and departmental Web sites (requires Data Storage on austin.utexas.edu option)
- Also includes access to Windows System Update Services (WSUS) and Austin Active Directory.
A Windows Services Account is available at no cost to UT students, faculty, and staff; refer to the individual services for specific pricing information.