Mitch Berman, the Bernard J. Ward Centennial Professor in Law, has been selected to receive the 2008 Texas Exes Teaching Award for his positive influence on the educational experience of UT Law students. The purpose of the annual Texas Exes Teaching Awards is to promote quality teaching at the University of Texas by publicly recognizing professors who are exceptional in their fields and who continue to impart knowledge while challenging students to independent inquiry and creative thought. These awards are student nominated and student selected through the Texas Exes and the University’s Senate of College Councils, a student-elected representative body of all colleges within the University. Berman, a popular teacher and highly regarded scholar, teaches courses in the areas of criminal law and constitutional law. He and the other 2008 recipients from across campus will be honored at an awards ceremony to be held at the Alumni Center in February, 2008.
Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- 26 Faculty Members Honored for Teaching ExcellenceThe 2013 winners of the Regents' Outstanding Teaching Awards will be honored...
- School of Social Work PSA celebrates people with disabilitiesTo combat misunderstanding that can fuel poor word choices related to disabilities,...
- Navigate UT Austin Events and Activities Using HornslinkStudents can now do more, know more and get involved on campus like never...
- Welcome Back, Longhorns!Mooov-In is over and classes begin this week! Here's a big Texas welcome...
- 26 Faculty Members Honored for Teaching Excellence
PolicyElections 2012: University experts weigh in on the issues The 2012 election season is promising to be one of the most unpredictable cycles...Comments OffNo comments
WorldWhere undergrads find a spark for creativity Through exposure to and interaction with collection materials at the Harry Ransom...Post a commentComments (1)
VideoCelebrating the legacy of Lady Bird Johnson This year marks the centennial of Lady Bird Johnson's birth. Watch a video about...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoRecognizing student success To mark the Migrant Student Program's 25th anniversary, watch 2006 Student of the...Post a commentComments (21)
VideoAdvancing cancer research in Texas and beyond In this video, Professor Tanya Paull explains how next-generation medicine may be...Comments OffNo comments
PhotoWhere gardening is all but elementary At the University of Texas Elementary School, students get a taste of organic gardening...Post a commentComments (2)
VideoMicroraptor suggests feathers evolved to attract mates Julia Clarke, assistant professor of paleontology, discusses how a feathered tail...Post a commentComments (1)