School of Architecture Dean Fritz Steiner was awarded the Society of Landscape Architects Community Service Award for his sustained, pro bono service to the community demonstrating sound principles and values of landscape architecture. Steiner contributes his expertise in environmental planning, design excellence and sustainable design to organizations and communities across the country. Steiner was appointed by the mayor to the City of Austin Bond Election Advisory Committee and serves on the Site/Landscape Design Committee for the Dallas Center for the Performing Arts. He has also held many leadership positions with the Landscape Architecture Foundation since 1995, including vice president for research and education, and president.
Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2012
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Commencement 2012 in photosAbout 8,000 students graduated at the 129th spring commencement. View photo highlights...
- The bands and more play on at the Cactus CafeThis summer marks two years since the university announced its partnership with KUT...
- To the Class of 2012: Help make a better worldFormer Secretary of Defense Robert Gates delivered the 129th spring commencement...
- Commencement in highlightsAbout 8,000 students graduated at the 129th spring commencement. Watch video highlights...
- Commencement 2012 in photos
PolicyElections 2012: University experts weigh in on the issues The 2012 election season is promising to be one of the most unpredictable cycles...Post a commentNo comments
WorldWhere undergrads find a spark for creativity Through exposure to and interaction with collection materials at the Harry Ransom...Post a commentComments (1)
VideoCelebrating the legacy of Lady Bird Johnson This year marks the centennial of Lady Bird Johnson's birth. Watch a video about...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoRecognizing student success To mark the Migrant Student Program's 25th anniversary, watch 2006 Student of the...Post a commentComments (21)
VideoAdvancing cancer research in Texas and beyond In this video, Professor Tanya Paull explains how next-generation medicine may be...Post a commentNo comments
PhotoWhere gardening is all but elementary At the University of Texas Elementary School, students get a taste of organic gardening...Post a commentComments (2)
VideoMicroraptor suggests feathers evolved to attract mates Julia Clarke, assistant professor of paleontology, discusses how a feathered tail...Post a commentComments (1)