The College of Education has been selected as one of 10 U.S. schools of education that is “blazing the trail to better practices” in teacher education. Edutopia, a publication produced by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, chose the 10 schools. Edutopia selected programs from both public and private institutions of varying sizes and cited colleges and schools that have excelled at creating teacher education programs that address the demands of teaching “in real classrooms.” The College of Education was praised for its UTeach program, which aims to increase the number of high-quality math, science and computer science teachers. UTeach is administered by the College of Natural Sciences and the College of Education and has been lauded by national education leaders, policymakers and media as exemplary.
Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Tower Glows “63″ for DocumentaryNo, it's not Throwback Thursday. The Tower will glow with "63" tonight...
- President Encouraged by the Supreme Court’s RulingPresident Bill Powers responds to Supreme Court decision on UT Admissions...
- Headliners: Ocean Water, Hold the SaltUT researchers made news with new desalination technology that may give...
- School of Social Work PSA celebrates people with disabilitiesTo combat misunderstanding that can fuel poor word choices related to disabilities,...
- Tower Glows “63″ for Documentary