The Texas Educational Theatre Association selected Professor Emeritus Oscar G. Brockett and Drama and Theatre for Youth Area Head Coleman A. Jennings to receive the Emeritus Award, honoring their many years of service and devotion to educational theatre. Brockett began teaching in university theatre programs in 1949 and is considered by many to be the world’s foremost theatre historian. Jennings, a professor of theatre at the university since 1963, is known as one of the leading children’s theatre experts in the United States.
Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Architecture School No. 2 for Student SatisfactionClose relationships with faculty, collaborative projects and strong professional...
- Ready, Set, Solar!The UT Solar Vehicles Team persevered against sweltering three-digit temperatures...
- President Encouraged by the Supreme Court’s RulingPresident Bill Powers responds to Supreme Court decision on UT Admissions...
- UT’s Student-Run Organic Farm BlossomsFrom collard greens at Kinsolving to spicy okra gumbo at Jester, dining...
- Architecture School No. 2 for Student Satisfaction