The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has recognized the University of Texas at Austin with a 2008 Texas Environmental Excellence Award for the efficiency of its power plant in the large business/technical category. Even as the university has increased its square footage by 13 percent and electrical demands have grown by almost twice that rate, the power plant has had little change in its fuel consumption.
Monday, Aug. 12, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Jane Austen, Crazy Ants and Tricky FishHeadliners: From a recreated 19th century museum show to crowdsourcing...
- School of Social Work PSA celebrates people with disabilitiesTo combat misunderstanding that can fuel poor word choices related to disabilities,...
- Business, Engineering Students Gain Global Work ExperienceEngineering and business students at UT now have a way to gain professional...
- 68 Must-Read Books for Incoming StudentsOn Aug. 27 incoming students will meet some of their professors for the...
- Jane Austen, Crazy Ants and Tricky Fish