The Alley Flat Initiative (a collaborative project of the university’s Center for Sustainable Design, the Austin Community Design and Development Center, the Guadalupe Neighborhood Development Corporatio, and the BaSiC Initiative) has been awarded one of 12 Excellence in Green Building Curriculum Recognition Awards and Incentive Grants by the U.S. Green Building Council. The award comes with $20,000 to support the program. A project of Professor Steven Moore and Adjunct Associate Professor Sergio Palleroni, the Alley Flat Initiative proposes a new sustainable, affordable housing alternative for Austinites by creating innovative designs as well as methods of financing and home ownership that benefit all neighborhoods in Austin.
Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Headliners: Ocean Water, Hold the SaltUT researchers made news with new desalination technology that may give...
- Ready, Set, Solar!The UT Solar Vehicles Team persevered against sweltering three-digit temperatures...
- Tower Glows “63″ for DocumentaryNo, it's not Throwback Thursday. The Tower will glow with "63" tonight...
- UT’s Student-Run Organic Farm BlossomsFrom collard greens at Kinsolving to spicy okra gumbo at Jester, dining...
- Headliners: Ocean Water, Hold the Salt