Kathryn McKinley, professor in the Department of Computer Sciences, has been awarded Fellow status from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) with a citation for “contributions to compilers and memory management.” ACM has recognized 44 members for their contributions to computing technology that have generated a broad range of innovations to industry, commerce, entertainment and education. The 2008 ACM Fellows, from the world’s leading universities, industries and research labs, created advances in computer theory as well as practice. These technology developments have consistently demonstrated their crucial role in forming the foundation for sustained economic growth in an information-based society.
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
- Genesis Bible Study
5 p.m. -6 p.m.
University Teaching Center (UTC)
- Volunteer: Sport Sponsorship Research
L. Theo Bellmont Hall (BEL)
- Landmarks Video Presents "Contortion" by Patty Chang
8 a.m. -9 p.m.
Art Building (ART)
- "War Horse" at Bass Concert Hall
8 p.m. -6 p.m.
Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Genesis Bible Study
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Looking Back at the Civil Rights SummitBrowse images, quotes and observations from the summit, including student...
- May 5 Tower Honors Chemistry Professor WillsonC. Grant Willson won the 2013 Japan Prize for developing a process that...
- 40 for 40 Debut Sets UT Fundraising RecordThe 40 Hours for the Forty Acres campaign hoped to raise $40,000 for UT....
- Two Longhorns Land Elite Academic ScholarshipsThe highly competitive Hertz Foundation Fellowship and British Marshall...
- Looking Back at the Civil Rights Summit
PolicyPhoto Gallery: Civil Rights Summit Go up-close and behind-the-scenes at the historic Civil Rights Summit,...Post a commentNo comments
ArtsAlumni Artist Brings Skater Culture to VAC Artist-in-residence Michael Sieben, BFA '99, has created an underground...Comments OffNo comments
ScienceFrom Idea to IPO: Entrepreneurship at UT Looking to start a business? Have a new technology? You're in the right...Post a commentComments (5)
VideoHow Do You Reinvent Health Care? Start by re-imagining medical education, says Dell Med School Dean Clay...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoResearch: Where Knowledge is Created Undergraduates' projects are the focus Research Week (April 14-18). We've...Post a commentNo comments
WorldPhoto Gallery: International Road Trip Browse this stunning photography collection and see the world through the...Post a commentComments (6)
TexasMLB’s “One-Year Experiment” is a Step in the Right Direction One thing you will see less of this MLB season is home plate collisions...Post a commentNo comments