Texas Governor Rick Perry has announced the appointment of Veronica Vargas Stidvent, director of the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs’ Center for Politics and Governance (CPG), to the Texas Human Rights Commission. The Texas Human Rights Commission investigates statewide employment and housing discrimination. The commission seeks to assure open access to the educational system, provide for Texas’s transportation needs, meet the basic health care needs of Texans, provide economic opportunities and grow businesses, and provide for the safety and security of all inside Texas’ borders. Stidvent replaces Patricia Asip of Plano, whose term expires Feb. 1.
Monday, July 30, 2012
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Tower Shines Orange Tonight for UT Austin Villa Robot Soccer Team WinCelebrating the UT Austin Villa Robot Soccer Team World Championships Wins...
- Commencement 2012 in photosAbout 8,000 students graduated at the 129th spring commencement. View photo highlights...
- The bands and more play on at the Cactus CafeThis summer marks two years since the university announced its partnership with KUT...
- To the Class of 2012: Help make a better worldFormer Secretary of Defense Robert Gates delivered the 129th spring commencement...
- Tower Shines Orange Tonight for UT Austin Villa Robot Soccer Team Win
PolicyElections 2012: University experts weigh in on the issues The 2012 election season is promising to be one of the most unpredictable cycles...Post a commentNo comments
WorldWhere undergrads find a spark for creativity Through exposure to and interaction with collection materials at the Harry Ransom...Post a commentComments (1)
VideoCelebrating the legacy of Lady Bird Johnson This year marks the centennial of Lady Bird Johnson's birth. Watch a video about...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoRecognizing student success To mark the Migrant Student Program's 25th anniversary, watch 2006 Student of the...Post a commentComments (21)
VideoAdvancing cancer research in Texas and beyond In this video, Professor Tanya Paull explains how next-generation medicine may be...Post a commentNo comments
PhotoWhere gardening is all but elementary At the University of Texas Elementary School, students get a taste of organic gardening...Post a commentComments (2)
VideoMicroraptor suggests feathers evolved to attract mates Julia Clarke, assistant professor of paleontology, discusses how a feathered tail...Post a commentComments (1)