Sharon Mosher, chair of the Department of Geological Sciences, has been named dean of the Jackson School of Geosciences. Mosher, who holds the William Stamps Farish Chair, was selected after a national search when Eric Barron resigned as dean to become director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research last July. Mosher is the past president of the Geological Society of America, past chair of the Council of Scientific Society Presidents and a founder and chair of GeoScienceWorld, an international journal aggregation for geoscientists.
Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Headliners: Ocean Water, Hold the SaltUT researchers made news with new desalination technology that may give...
- School of Social Work PSA celebrates people with disabilitiesTo combat misunderstanding that can fuel poor word choices related to disabilities,...
- UT’s Student-Run Organic Farm BlossomsFrom collard greens at Kinsolving to spicy okra gumbo at Jester, dining...
- Ready, Set, Solar!The UT Solar Vehicles Team persevered against sweltering three-digit temperatures...
- Headliners: Ocean Water, Hold the Salt
PolicyElections 2012: University experts weigh in on the issues The 2012 election season is promising to be one of the most unpredictable cycles...Comments OffNo comments
WorldWhere undergrads find a spark for creativity Through exposure to and interaction with collection materials at the Harry Ransom...Post a commentComments (1)
VideoCelebrating the legacy of Lady Bird Johnson This year marks the centennial of Lady Bird Johnson's birth. Watch a video about...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoRecognizing student success To mark the Migrant Student Program's 25th anniversary, watch 2006 Student of the...Post a commentComments (21)
VideoAdvancing cancer research in Texas and beyond In this video, Professor Tanya Paull explains how next-generation medicine may be...Comments OffNo comments
PhotoWhere gardening is all but elementary At the University of Texas Elementary School, students get a taste of organic gardening...Post a commentComments (2)
VideoMicroraptor suggests feathers evolved to attract mates Julia Clarke, assistant professor of paleontology, discusses how a feathered tail...Post a commentComments (1)