“Tattooed Under Fire,” the documentary film produced and directed by Radio-TV-Film Professor Nancy Schiesari, premiered on more than 25 public television stations nationwide beginning Nov. 8. The film focuses on the River City Tattoo Parlor, a place near Fort Hood where many of the war-bound and returning soldiers go under the needle. For those joining the ranks at Ford Hood, a pilgrimage to the River City Tattoo Parlor is an essential rite of passage.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
- Campus &
- Arts &
- Business &
- Health &
- Policy &
- Science &
- World &
Social Media Directory
Campus & Community
- Class of 2013: What Starts Here Changes the World (Seriously)Meet some outstanding members of the Class of 2013: After watching each...
- Jane Austen, Crazy Ants and Tricky FishHeadliners: From a recreated 19th century museum show to crowdsourcing...
- Landmarks: Art on The Forty AcresWhile you're wandering through campus, take a moment to notice the public...
- 130th Commencement: Horns Up, Class of 2013!With music, fireworks, an Olympic champion and thousands of cheering graduates,...
- Class of 2013: What Starts Here Changes the World (Seriously)
PolicyElections 2012: University experts weigh in on the issues The 2012 election season is promising to be one of the most unpredictable cycles...Comments OffNo comments
WorldWhere undergrads find a spark for creativity Through exposure to and interaction with collection materials at the Harry Ransom...Post a commentComments (1)
VideoCelebrating the legacy of Lady Bird Johnson This year marks the centennial of Lady Bird Johnson's birth. Watch a video about...Post a commentComments (10)
VideoRecognizing student success To mark the Migrant Student Program's 25th anniversary, watch 2006 Student of the...Post a commentComments (21)
VideoAdvancing cancer research in Texas and beyond In this video, Professor Tanya Paull explains how next-generation medicine may be...Comments OffNo comments
PhotoWhere gardening is all but elementary At the University of Texas Elementary School, students get a taste of organic gardening...Post a commentComments (2)
VideoMicroraptor suggests feathers evolved to attract mates Julia Clarke, assistant professor of paleontology, discusses how a feathered tail...Post a commentComments (1)