• Take a break for tickets

Published: May 1, 2010

Are you interested in winning two FREE tickets to “Reduced Shakespeare Company: The Complete World of Sports (abridged)” for Jan. 29 at 8 p.m.?

Well, we’re not just going to give the tickets away.

In the comments section below, and in 50 words or less, tell us why you’re passionate about The University of Texas at Austin. Why do you love UT? Why do you bleed burnt orange? We’ll review all of the responses and choose our biggest fan based on the most compelling story that’s shared.

Hurry! We’re only accepting comments received from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (CDT) today (Friday, May 7).

About the show: The Reduced Shakespeare Company (RSC) is renowned for taking long, serious subjects and reducing them to short, sharp comedies. From the earliest cavemen playing “Neanderthal in the Middle” to your own kid’s soccer practice, the history of athletic competition is regurgitated in a Tour de France of physical theater, at a level of sophistication and pathos that only the RSC can muster. Read more about the event on the Texas Performing Arts Web site.

Stay tuned to The University of Texas at Austin page on Facebook for details on next week’s ticket giveaway to “An Evening with Michael Pollan.”

___________

The fine print: The Office of Public Affairs will notify the winner on Monday, May 10. When you submit your comment, make sure to provide your e-mail address. We’ll use that for notification purposes only. Comments submitted before 11 a.m. or after 2 p.m. (CDT) on Friday, May 7 will not be considered for the contest. Tickets will be held at will call the day of the performance. Participation in the May 7 contest doesn’t exclude you from participating in our future ticket giveaways, so make sure to check back next Friday.

elizabeth rubio said on May 7, 2010 at 1:56 p.m.
      I am a true UT fan. I studied at the graduate business school and now I have three children who are at McCombs. We all love the variety of activities that are offered -- and all on a world class level. I would love to see the show.
      Mark Gebhard said on May 7, 2010 at 1:46 p.m.
      The University of Texas has a special blend of teaching, research, and culture that cannot be found elsewhere. I came here solely to study protein engineering and molecular biology, but I've stumbled upon the amazing lineup of Texas Performing Arts, which has kept me entertained for 5 years now.
      Øystein Moen said on May 7, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.
      I was determined to spend my last semester abroad and ended up at UT. I am certain no other university would have come even close. I am an absolute fan of the atmosphere, the campus, and the university’s many recreational options! I’m definitely coming back to Austin and great UT!
      Angela Lieb said on May 7, 2010 at 1:18 p.m.
      It is an honor and a privilege to be a student at one of the most prestigious and acclaimed schools in Texas. I recently got my acceptance letter as a transfer student coming into the University of Texas in the fall '10 semester in the Biology program and I feel like I have already accomplished a huge achievement by simply just being admitted. Finally I can wear burnt orange and it means a whole lot more to me than it ever did before. It means a brighter future for me and my family.
      Alyssa Roach said on May 7, 2010 at 1:14 p.m.
      I love UT! It is amazing to think that I go to one of the most recognizable universities in the world! I love the energy of the campus on game day and the support everyone shows. There are so many opportunities here, and just knowing that I have the privilege of attending this amazing university is awesome! I go to school with the leaders, pro sports athletes, and scientists of the future and we are all together here on one campus! I bleed burnt orange and am a true Longhorn! Hook 'Em!
      Allison Ebling said on May 7, 2010 at 11:34 a.m.
      I have spent the last three years here as an undergrad and I love everything about UT! I love the atmosphere, the city, and the many opportunities I have been given while here. I love that I can spend the afternoon with 10,000 of my closest friends in DKR Memorial at the football game and head right across the street to Bass Concert Hall to catch a touring show the same night. I have had the opportunity to attend so many different events and lectures here at UT, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else!
      Cody Permenter said on May 7, 2010 at 11:22 a.m.
      UT has the most creative and talented students in the classroom and on the field. If you ask anyone what they think of UT, they will tell you about the great sports teams and academic programs. No other university can compare to UT. UT is really a step above the rest.