• Get 30 seconds of Longhorn fame

Published: June 24, 2010
    Get
    Nirav Desai, a McCombs School of Business alumnus (MBA '09), spent two weeks volunteering at The Caroline Wambui Mungai Foundation orphanage in Kenya. His goal was "to extend the things I was learning as a University of Texas at Austin master's student to an area larger than just myself."Photo courtesy of Get Your Horns Up Web site

Here’s your chance for 30 seconds of Longhorn fame: E-mail us a photo of you doing the “Hook ‘em, Horns” sign anywhere in the world, and we might feature it in a commercial airing nationally on TV during NCAA sporting events. Show us your Longhorn pride, and we’ll show everyone how Longhorns like you are helping to change the world.

The technical stuff:

By sending your photo to utopa@www.utexas.edu, you’re giving UT permission to consider the pic for use in the TV spot. We’ll follow up with you by e-mail for an official permission request if your image is selected.

Because UT will be using your submitted photo for an HD TV ad, we will need the largest format digital copy you have. Higher resolution photos will have a better chance of making it to the final commercial spot, so please don’t use your cell phone cameras for the pics. Landscape shots (wide not tall) are preferable to vertical portraits.

Please also include the names and ages of the people in your photo, as well as their relationship to UT.

E-mail photos to utopa@www.utexas.edu by July 5.

Kampot pepper said on July 8, 2010 at 9:43 a.m.
      What does this sign with the hand mean? Is it a special symbol?
      Get 30 Seconds of Longhorn Fame said on July 1, 2010 at 4:04 p.m.
      [...] From KNOW [...]
      Mason Jones said on July 1, 2010 at 12:30 p.m.
      I'm a videographer on the project and the e-mail problem is now fixed. Keep sending your great Hook 'em photos.
      RACHEL VASQUEZ said on June 24, 2010 at 11:17 p.m.
      This restaurant is no longer open. Used to watch all my UT sporting events at Champ's Americana in San Antonio. I love being a huge fan for UT!
      Wanda Michaels said on June 24, 2010 at 11:06 p.m.
      I just tried to send my photo and it got returned with the message that your mailbox is full. Please let me know how I can send my hook em Horns pic. Thanks!!!
      Angela Ledger said on June 24, 2010 at 6:10 p.m.
      I have tried to email twice the picture to the utopa@www.utexas.edu address but it is not going through....
      Rob Bugbee said on June 24, 2010 at 4:55 p.m.
      tried to leave a great pic from china, but could not get the mail to accept. Any suggestions