• Interactive 360-degree images of campus

Published: Nov. 20, 2010
    Interactive

Here’s a chance to get a new perspective on The University of Texas at Austin campus and learn more about the history and traditions of the university.

“Look Around” provides a 360-degree view from a dozen of the most compelling sites on campus. Just click and drag your cursor on each image, and you will unlock a panoramic vista from iconic locations such as the Tower, Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium and the West Mall.

“Look Around” is a collaboration among University Communications, the University Development Office, Athletics and Texas Exes. “Virtually Anywhere,” an Austin-based virtual tour company, produced the images for “Look Around.”

Take a Look Around

If you experience problems viewing the virtual tour, install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Kat Peet said on Jan. 14, 2012 at 8:27 p.m.
      Been wondering if they have a good program for the advertising business. Thats what I want to look in to for my future, and by the look of the campus, I really want to go here! Help me out?
      University Communications said on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:38 a.m.
      The Look Around 360-degree virtual tour has moved to a more permanent location within the university's Web presence. Check it out at http://www.utexas.edu/about-ut/campus-tours/virtual-tour. ~University Communications, The University of Texas at Austin
      tajaneek said on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:33 a.m.
      this is my top college to go to i love the long horns
      Destiney said on Dec. 6, 2011 at 7:07 p.m.
      I love this collage. I had the chance to walk the school and I had a blast. Cant wait to apply and hopefully get accepted!
      greg said on Nov. 24, 2011 at 2:51 p.m.
      Uh-oh, like Iman, i keep on getting 404'd! Is there a problem with the domain?
      jacqueline garcia said on Nov. 20, 2011 at 4:34 p.m.
      This is My Dream College I Hope someday when i graduate HighSchool i Can Atten UT.
      Sierra W. said on Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.
      I've tried several times to see the virtual tour with no luck at all.
      Myranda said on Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.
      I love this college!!!!! im only a sophomore in high school and i have always wanted to go to this school!
      Iman Bin Hamad said on Sept. 14, 2011 at 6:32 a.m.
      Sorry, this page is not available at the moment. 404 This is the message I receievd when trying to view the virtual tour.
      sami said on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:47 p.m.
      not only nice information and perfect summary but also your idea is all must organization and You make me strong to come this city but ,Is the city Austin is too Expensive for student? because I will be there as soon as . this is my Email adders : belove4ever-sami@hotmail.com I will wait for your Email to answer my equation written by : Sami
      College of the Week: University of Texas at Austin | Acceptly said on July 21, 2011 at 6:49 p.m.
      [...] Take a virtual tour! [...]
      @Austin said on July 11, 2011 at 8:16 p.m.
      Hold up slick...I wouldn't go that far. But, best of luck to you.
      Future said on July 11, 2011 at 8:15 p.m.
      Can't wait to transfer in!
      Austin said on June 27, 2011 at 8:07 p.m.
      I'm going to be a freshman music major in the fall, and I can't wait to be on campus. It's truly the best school in the South.
      Tammy said on June 26, 2011 at 6:11 p.m.
      I have wanted to go here since I was in 3rd grade! Finally a Senior and this dream is going to be a reality!!
      Ivy said on June 22, 2011 at 1:27 p.m.
      I am looking to transfer here and I have to say, this campus if gorgeous!
      Katrina Badorrek said on June 17, 2011 at 1:56 p.m.
      I've been dying to go here for the past 2 years since I've started college in Florida. Miami culture is killing me!
      Drelan said on June 14, 2011 at 2:46 a.m.
      I am going to go here
      lvchanghui said on June 10, 2011 at 9:35 a.m.
      It's really beautiful.I can even feel the harmony in the campus.I 'm looking forward to attending the UT.
      Yu Zhou said on June 10, 2011 at 8:29 a.m.
      The school is really beautiful! But if the buildings were taller and more characteristic, it would be better! By the way, I love the orange colors!
      Ish said on May 23, 2011 at 3:10 a.m.
      Our campus is so beautiful, I'm so proud to say I graduated from UT! Hook em'!
      John said on May 17, 2011 at 10:30 a.m.
      I love texas I cant wait to get to this school ima try out for the football team.;)
      Alex Bee said on May 14, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.
      I'm almost done with 9th grade, i live in marlyand, and UT is my dream school. it's the only school my dad will pay for in the south and i've wanted to go here since 7th grade. I'm obsessed, I can't wait!
      karen said on May 13, 2011 at 7:38 p.m.
      i like the campus, im staring to see myself there!
      Marcus Hildebrandt said on May 11, 2011 at 1:31 p.m.
      It's great to see my beloved Alma Mater in virtual form. Looking at these 360-degree images of the beautiful campus brings up fond memories of my time at UT in the mid-1990s.
      Tim Bacak said on May 7, 2011 at 6:31 a.m.
      I've never seen such a beautiful campus. I've heard great stories about UT campus, and now I finally got to see it. I'd love to come down and visit sometime. I'll apply for law school, but I wish I could have done undergrad there.
      earn money said on May 2, 2011 at 1:51 a.m.
      Great picture about this campus,the tower is very attracting..
      vanessa love said on April 28, 2011 at 5:44 p.m.
      I'm in sixth grade going to seventh!:) Anyway, I'm in the GT program which is where they put bright students in. I'm in the GT classes and my education is very important to me. My dream is to come to U.T and go to law school. I really want to be a lawyer and I heard this school is really great. When I'm older I will be attending this university! Hope to get a tour around the campus. =)
      Emily Jane said on April 27, 2011 at 2:45 p.m.
      I've heard so many people say what a beautiful campus UT has, but living in Arkansas, I've yet to have the opportunity to see the campus. When I came to the site and saw this, I jumped straight to it. UT is a BEAUTIFUL campus, and I can't wait to visit campus this summer.
      Jacob Tucker said on April 15, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.
      Even though I'm a freshmen in high school and wanting to go to A&M I like the campus, but it can't hinder my dream to go to A&M.
      Adela Sanchez said on April 14, 2011 at 8:00 p.m.
      Great views of campus. Keep on showing more
      Taylor Munroe said on April 5, 2011 at 8:30 p.m.
      Heyy, im a junior in highschool and I want to go to UT so bad! I hope I get accepted because I love the longhorns :)
      yari said on April 1, 2011 at 1:07 p.m.
      I love UT Austin and I plan on attending once I graduate high school in 2013.
      Lil Nikki said on March 31, 2011 at 1:55 p.m.
      Man! i have been wanting to go to UT forever now i can! See yall guys soon!!
      Cleatus said on March 24, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.
      when i grow up i want to come here! its my dream and if i dont get accepted im not going to collage at all
      Emy said on March 18, 2011 at 10:44 p.m.
      OMG i am totally going to come to school here when i graduate, go U of Texas!
      Stephanie said on March 12, 2011 at 8:05 p.m.
      when i grow up i so want to go to this school!
      Andre Swisher said on March 8, 2011 at 2:15 p.m.
      I am very suprised at UT for not making it to the Rose Bowl. Either way UT is the BEST TEAM EVER
      Angel Morales said on March 7, 2011 at 1:39 p.m.
      Heyy, im from the valley im 14 years old and im planning to attend UT Austin with all my heart. And im going to try my best in school to make it. I wish that some day ill be walking the halls of Longhorns
      jordyn said on Feb. 28, 2011 at 1:33 p.m.
      I AM 14 AND HAVING TO CHOOSE NOW... WOULD I GET A BETTER CCHANCE OF BEING ACCEPTED IF I AM IN NJHS AND HS?
      Mason Jones said on Dec. 13, 2010 at 12:35 p.m.
      Sarah, try updating your Flash Player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Thanks, Mason Jones, Office of Public Affairs
      Najeeb Gilani said on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:00 a.m.
      It took me a little longer to do the tours as I kept closing my eyes to help all those flashbacks ! Loved them all. Excellent job with making this possible. While I note some changes, overall the place looks the same as I left it in '96. Note to current students: Ya'll are in the middle of some of the best years of your lives...know it and treasure it please !
      Robert said on Dec. 6, 2010 at 10:06 a.m.
      If you really want to improve, add some 'live' campus webcams with photos updated every 15 seconds or so like many other top universities.
      Omid Kokabee said on Dec. 5, 2010 at 8:24 p.m.
      Spectacular views. That would be nice if you include some High Quality photos from Campus too to be used as desktop wallpapers.
      Denise Davis said on Dec. 4, 2010 at 9:59 a.m.
      BEAUTIFUL
      Cathy Lawrence said on Dec. 4, 2010 at 8:04 a.m.
      The 360 camera tours are great and give you a good feeling for the campus. If you can add more, don't forget to add dorm life views around San Jacinto and Jester, and the view from the fountains toward the tower.
      Alex said on Dec. 3, 2010 at 6:41 p.m.
      It's great to see campus from far far away, I really liked it!
      Anita said on Dec. 3, 2010 at 4:37 p.m.
      This is amazing, but I shouldn't be surprised. My time at UT was also amazing. I, too, would like to see a tour of PCL.
      raana said on Dec. 3, 2010 at 12:35 a.m.
      Amazing.. i am sitting so far off but can see the campus. Wow!!! can i have a virtual tour of PCL to see how it looks like? please.
      Sarah said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 11:30 p.m.
      The other images won't open...how can you see the other images?
      G. Roland Vela said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:09 p.m.
      The campus changes constantly but in my mind, it still looks much as it did in 1950 when I received my B.A. (Bacteriology / Chemistry). Little Campus Dorm, Cliff Courts, etc. are gone but I can still see them when I go by the campus. It was there I learned to read, write, and think. In ESB I learned to search for knowledge and received my Ph.D. in 1962 (Microbiology / Biochemistry). Are you sure students on the new campus learn things we didn't learn in the old campus? Did new ideas come with new buildings and air conditioning? I think not. I learned much at UT but I learned it from Orville Wyss, Billy Shive, C.P. Oliver, Moady Boatwright and Henry Henze. In my opinion, to be a great university, UT must put its resources in wise men; we're terribly shy of Nobel Laureates.
      Isabel said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 11:23 a.m.
      Such wonderful memories and pride came to mind with this site. Thanks for designing it.
      bradley said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.
      i love this college
      Treva said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 8:42 a.m.
      Love the addition. Hope for more of academic sites. You have South Mall narrative on East Mall page.
      Vivek Mehta said on Dec. 2, 2010 at 6:39 a.m.
      I graduated in 1986 ... just a first glance thru the 360 site and had a few tears of joy! Will spend more time on this with my family too. May sound sentimental but it's good to share this with the UT community... do miss the place and even dreamnt once about taking the family on tour of UT ... we shall start with this site and real tour one day... great campus, good people, fond memories, GREAT COUNTRY, and the best STATE ,, Texas!! Vivek Mehta, MOMBASA, Kenya
      Mingxiang Zhuzhou said on Nov. 30, 2010 at 8:38 p.m.
      This is perfect! I will share the link with my friends ^^
      Cutter Gonzalez said on Nov. 25, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.
      Love this addition! Always wished there was some way to show off the campus without actually being there, haha! Glad to see this! Perhaps a look inside some of the building (cough, Bass Concert Hall, cough) would be good!
      Tweets that mention Look Around: A new campus perspective « Know -- Topsy.com said on Nov. 23, 2010 at 8:37 a.m.
      [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Olga Kazakova, Drew Carls. Drew Carls said: .@UTAustin launches "Look Around". 360-degree view from 12 sites on campus http://drewshar.es/eRveV8 [...]
      Jeff said on Nov. 22, 2010 at 10:54 p.m.
      As pointed out above, there is (sadly) a disproportionate amount of coverage of DKR. Other suggestions: the Battle Hall library, inside the new Norman Hackerman building, interior shots of some laboratories (perhaps common facilities in NST or MBB), and the Texas Advanced Computing Center. Everyone knows we have an enormous football stadium--we should do our best to share our wonderful academic facilities with the world.
      Shadi said on Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:05 p.m.
      Great way to show UT! More can be added of course but that is great! I like the sounds in the pictures too!
      Blarglemarg said on Nov. 21, 2010 at 9:15 p.m.
      Nifty! Seems a bit strange that the stadium has 3 360s all to itself. What about the Turtle Pond Area? What about LBJ School & Library? What about the Blanton, or the lovely tree-covered area near the Ransom Center? This is a lovely way to show off our university, I hope to see it expanded in the future.