• You must have JavaScript enabled and the Flash 8 plugin installed to view this content.

Get Adobe Flash Player
    Consult your browser's help file for instructions to enable JavaScript.

Campus & Community

Campaign for Texas: Impact on the world

By Campaign for Texas
    Published: Oct. 24, 2011

The Campaign for Texas has had an immense impact on our students, faculty, campus and our community.

President Bill Powers, students, alumni and donors share their stories about how investing in The University of Texas at Austin can change the world.

“The video makes it clear that now, more than ever, the world needs Texas,” Powers said. “I hope it is yet another reason for you to take pride in your university.”

Bill said on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.
      To Enchantay: My point was that Staff might be more willing to contribute to the UT campaign if we benefited in some real way, not just hang on to our jobs and without ever knowing if we're the next to go. In my opinion, until Staff salaries are underwritten through endowments, no job is safe. I support UT's financial efforts 100%; I just think Staff ought to be included.
      Sheri Parr said on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:21 a.m.
      I'm wearing my pride. Bill Powers' stalwart dedication should be a lesson in standing up for your beliefs against difficult odds. Thank you President Powers, you have 100% of my support.
      Enchantay said on Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:10 p.m.
      Dear Bill (the latest commenter, not President Bill): most staff will greatly benefit from these endeavors by being able to maintain their jobs. Salary increases would be great, but in this economy, simply having a job that betters Texas and world is kind of a benefit, I think.
      Nadav said on Nov. 1, 2011 at 11:00 a.m.
      It's great to see so much support for the university. Education should be a top priority for people, and the donors definitely recognize that. Nadav
      Bill said on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.
      I agree that UT needs more support, and since that support isn't apparently going to come from the Legislature, it'll have to come from us. Unfortunately, only the faculty and students (both grad and undergrad) will benefit. Staff, once again, is left out of the plan (except for the perfunctory lip service). No salary support for Staff, that's for sure! Too bad. I think there are a lot of Staff or former Staff who might contribute if we knew that Staff would benefit also.

Download: Save as .mp4 | Podcast (iTunes)