• Tower Shines for Honors Day

Published: April 12, 2013

UT Tower glowing orange

Congratulations to the members of the class of 2013 being recognized Saturday, April 13, at Honors Day. The Tower will shine orange as part of the celebration.

Introduced in 1948, Honors Day is the occasion when students who have achieved academic excellence are honored by administrative officials, academic deans and members of the faculty. It serves as an important prelude to Commencement. The Honors Day Convocation includes ceremonial elements such as an academic procession, orange and white honors cords worn by students, heraldic banners, inspirational messages and celebratory music.

Faculty guests join student honorees in the procession and are seated next to them at the convocation. In a special presentation, students recognized as Distinguished College Scholars are invited to the stage to receive commemorative medallions from academic deans.

Papers for Sale said on April 17, 2013 at 5:03 a.m.
      Wow! it looks great even in picture, i wish i could see it live...
      Scrable word finder said on April 14, 2013 at 2:20 p.m.
      Oh I remember My honors Day, what a memorable occasion. Words can't express how much I miss them days. Proudest moment of my life so far. It all seems so far away now, this brought back some memories for me. Thank you