The University of Texas Tower will glow orange March 20 in honor of three important awards bestowed by the university to deserving faculty and staff members:
Presented to a faculty member who has shown exemplary campus citizenship throughout a career of service at the university.
- Lawrence D. Abraham, associate dean in the School of Undergraduate Studies and professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Education in the College of Education
- Patrick J. Davis, senior associate dean and professor, College of Pharmacy
Arno Nowotny Medal
The medal is awarded to staff members of the Division of Student Affairs who rendered meritorious service to students during their careers at the university.
- Tany B. Norwood
President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award
Recognizes excellence in undergraduate education in the core curriculum (including the signature courses) and a demonstrated record of engagement with curriculum reform and educational innovation.
- Andrew Ellington, professor, College of Natural Sciences
- Leanne Heath Field, distinguished senior lecturer, College of Natural Sciences
- Cynthia LaBrake, senior lecturer, College of Natural Sciences
- Brad Love, assistant professor, Moody College of Communication
- Karl Miller, associate professor, College of Liberal Arts and College of Fine Arts
- Elizabeth Richmond-Garza, associate professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Hector Dominguez-Ruvalcaba, associate professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Lori K. Holleran Steiker, associate professor, School of Social Work