• Tower Honors Staff & RecSports Champs

Published: May 7
    Tower

Today the UT Tower lighting celebrates three UT Recreational Sports team national champions:

Texas Quidditch (right) earned the title of World Cup Champions for the second year in a row on April 6.

Longhorn Powerlifting captured its second straight men’s national championship the weekend of April 11-13.

Texas Rock Climbing won its third straight national championship the weekend of April 18-19.

Texas Fight!

The orange Tower also recognizes President’s Staff Award Winners, including more than 800 employees with 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 years of service with the university. Outstanding staff, supervisors and student employees are also honored.

[Photo credit: International Quidditch Association/Ben Holland]

Jorge GArcia said on May 20 at 7:57 p.m.
      Cool college my brothers has played Quidditch before plus i want to attend a law school
      Jeddy Yuan said on May 9 at 12:40 p.m.
      Shoutout to our women's powerlifting team! They earned third place this year and look to be even stronger contenders next year.
      Lailah Gutierrez said on May 8 at 10:10 a.m.
      I am really looking forward to attending this college. I may be an 8th grader, but my main goal is to attend this university. Ever since I was a young child, I've always wanted to visit the campus and attend it when I get older. Next year I will be going to Cotton Valley Early College High School here in Fabens. I am dedicated to my academics, and to my athletics. I love your softball team as well. Blaire Luna is my inspiration!! I play softball myself, I'm also the starting pitcher, and I'm a team leader and team captain. When I watch Ms. Luna play, I want to be just like her. One day I'd like to meet her, and tell her that she is a big role model in my life. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the professors here, too. I like strict teachers. I learn more, and well when I have teachers that are very strict. Hopefully I get to visit this campus to see what it is like. Thank you.
      Bill said on May 8 at 8:24 a.m.
      I'm so glad to know that my 20+ years of service to UT is as important as Quidditch and power lifting. Thank you for lighting the tower and for lumping my career in with other significant contributions to UT!