Visit the Law School
Welcome to The University of Texas School of Law. There is no better way to learn about the Law School
than to visit our campus. You can take a guided tour led by a student recruiter, attend a class, or do both.
Here are some guidelines in preparation for your visit:
- A tour is typically 45-minutes to an hour long and a class is approximately one hour.
- There are classes that may begin 10-20 minutes after the displayed half-hour start time and are indicated with an asterisk
following the class name on the registration schedule.
Go to the First-Year Class Schedule for exact start times.
- Up to ten individuals can be accommodated in one tour group.
For scheduling group tours, please contact the group tour coordinator at 512.232.1200.
- You are welcome to take a self-guided tour of the Law School year-round, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.,
Monday through Friday, and a printed guide and maps are available at the Admissions Office.
Sign-up for tour/class
Maps and Directions
Some Options to Learn More
Places to See in Austin
Visitors Code of Conduct
All visitors must adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Individual group members must remain orderly at all times.
- During tours, everyone should use soft voices.
- The use of electronic devices such as mobile devices, cell phones, music players, or video/audio
recorders is prohibited during guided tours and presentations.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner toward one another, University
faculty, staff, students, and University property. Inappropriate comments, gestures, gratuitous
comments, jokes, questions, and anecdotes or remarks of a sexual nature will not be tolerated.
Note: The professors allow visitors as a courtesy. Please return that courtesy by arriving early for
the class. Do not enter a class after it has begun, nor exit while it is in session.
If you have a question, please approach the professor or student(s) after the class has adjourned.
Under no circumstances should a guest interrupt the class lecture or discussion by asking questions.