Term: 2013 — 2016
Michael Gordon Appleman is a Fort Worth native and a third generation Fort Worth attorney. Mr. Appleman focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning (wills and trusts), probate and estate administration, guardianships, tax matters (personal and corporate income, gift and estate), small business formation and he advises non-profit organizations. Mr. Appleman joined Cantey Hanger in 1993, shortly after his graduation from The University of Texas School of Law.
Mr. Appleman is a member of the Tarrant County Bar Association and the Tarrant County Probate Bar Association. He is a sports fan and a participant in a number of athletic endeavors. He is also involved with his alma maters: Trinity Valley School in Fort Worth and The University of Texas in Austin.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas, 1993
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association
- The University of Texas College of Liberal Arts Foundation Advisory Council
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Hospital and Clinics, Board of Visitors
- Fort Worth Club Board of Governors
- Tarrant Area Food Bank, Full Plate Advisory Council
- At-large Member, Texas Exes Council, 2012-2015
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1990, B.A., Plan II Liberal Arts Honors Program, Dean's Distinguished Graduate
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, 1993, J.D.
- 40 Under 40, Fort Worth Business Press, 2002
- Outstanding Young Texas Ex, 2008, The University of Texas Ex-Students' Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2008-2012
- Commencement Speaker, Trinity Valley School, 2009
- Graduation Luncheon Speaker, Dean’s Distinguished Graduates of The University of Texas College of Liberal Arts, 2012