Mission of the Non-Practicing Alumni Advisory Council
The mission of The Council is to:
- Create opportunities to involve non-practicing lawyers in the life of the Law School.
- Advise the Law School on curriculum planning for students who will seek careers outside the legal profession.
- Partner with the Career Services Offices to expand opportunities for graduating students and alumni.
- Provide mentoring services to third-year students and alumni who are thinking about leaving the active practice.
- Strengthen the Law School’s offerings in transactional law.
- Propose services the Law School can provide to businesses, e.g. courses on business law, tax law, corporate formation, mergers & acquisitions, etc.
- Explore fundraising strategies to support business research, internships, and special events.
- Identify alumni for nomination to the Council.