CHICAGO OFF-CAMPUS RECRUITMENT PROGRAM
JULY 30, 2014
EMBASSY SUITES CHICAGO-DOWNTOWN
Employers will have an opportunity to interview second- and third-year students from participating law schools in a private room/suite at the Embassy Suites Chicago – Downtown.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014: Employer registration on The Law Consortium Symplicity opens.
Friday, June 13, 2014: Employer registration closes.
Friday, July 11, 2014: Employers may begin reviewing student applications; preselect period on Symplicity opens at 1 p.m. (Central).
Friday, July 18, 2014: Deadline for employers to submit interview selections is at 11 a.m. (Central).
Wednesday, July 23, 2014: Final interview schedules will be sent to employers via email.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014: Chicago Off-Campus Recruitment Program
1. Log in to The Law Consortium Symplicity. Reminder: Your user name is your complete email address. New Employers, please select the “register” button on the Symplicity homepage. Please complete the form and click on the “submit” button at the bottom of the page. You will receive a confirmation email with your username and password shortly after your submission.
2. Select [OCI] from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
3. Select the [Schedule Requests] tab.
4. Click the [Request Schedule] button.
5. Choose "2014 Chicago Off-Campus Recruitment Program" from the [Session ID] drop down menu.
6. Enter "1" in the [Days Required] field. Complete the form, including interview length, number of rooms, length of interview day, class years to interview, and hiring criteria (if applicable).
7. Note that the default mode is [Interview].
8. If you will not be conducting interviews during the recruitment program but wish to solicit student resumes, please select [Resume Collect].
9. Please feel free to make additional scheduling notes in the box provided at the bottom of the form, such as when you would like to start or end your interviews at a certain time, or if you would like multiple schedules separated by schools.
10. Click the [Submit] button.
You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been approved.
Please note that employers must comply with the nondiscrimination policies of each participating law school.
The cost to participate in the Chicago Off-Campus Recruitment Program is $350 (non-refundable) for law firms of all office sizes. Government agencies and nonprofit organizations are exempt. Please send payment to the coordinating law school for this program:
Recruitment & Operations Manager
Boston University School of Law
Office of Career Development & Public Service
765 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 1374
Boston, MA 02215
Please make checks payable to "Boston University School of Law" and submit no later than June 1, 2014.
Resumes and any other requested prescreen materials (such as transcripts) will be available online on Friday, July 11, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern).
Interview selections, including alternates, must be completed by Friday, July 18, 2014. Any scheduling requests; i.e., ending interviews before 5:00 p.m., beginning interviews later than 9:00 a.m., etc., are appreciated by this date as well.