Mock Interview Program | January 15-17 and 21-22, 2014
Each spring the CSO conducts a Mock Interview Program for 1Ls (as well as 2Ls & 3Ls if space permits) to practice interviewing with actual attorneys. Mock interviews provide students with valuable interviewing experience and offer attorneys an opportunity to meet our exceptional students and introduce these students to the legal interviewing process. Student response to this program in the past has been overwhelming. The students find the experience to be rewarding and great practice for the "real thing." You will find that participating in our program is a wonderful way to preview our students as well as increase your recognition on campus.
Each interviewer will represent his/her actual employer, rather than a mock employer. Students will be encouraged to conduct additional independent research prior to their mock interview with you, so please be sure to update your UT Law Symplicity profile.
Students will schedule and submit their resumes online. In addition, employers will be able to view student resumes prior to coming on campus.
For more information about how you may sign up to participate, please contact Sandra Puga, On-Campus Interview Coordinator, at 512-232-1161 or email@example.com.
- Monday, November 25, 2013: Employer registration begins at noon (Central) via UT Law Symplicity.
- Thursday, January 2, 2014: Employer registration ends at noon (Central).
- Friday, January 10, 2014: Interview schedules released at noon (Central) via UT Law Symplicity.
- January 15-17 and 21-22, 2014: Mock Interview Program
How do we register for Mock Interviews?
- Log in to UT Law Symplicity. Reminder: Your user name is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs] from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select the [Schedule Requests] tab.
- Click on the [Request Schedule] button.
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select "Mock Interview Program 2014".
- Complete the form.
- Note that the default mode is [Interview].
- Please feel free to make additional scheduling notes in the box provided at the bottom of the form.
- Click the [Submit] button.
- Schedule requests are processed in the order they are received.
- There is no cost to participate in the program.
For New Employers:
- Log in to UT Law Symplicity and select the [Register] tab.
- Complete the requested information and you will receive an email with your password as soon as your registration has been processed.
- Follow the instructions above for submitting your schedule (interview date) request.
When will we receive the student materials?
Resumes will be available on UT Law Symplicity
on Friday, January 10, 2014.
Note regarding application materials:
Symplicity converts all uploaded Word documents into PDF documents. Please be aware that occasionally the original format of the document may be altered during the conversion. This is not the fault of the student but a limitation of the conversion software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.