Spring On-Campus Interviews | February 24-28, 2014
We invite all employers to participate in our Spring On-Campus Interview (OCI) program to recruit summer clerks and entry-level associates. For more information about OCI, please contact Sandra Puga, On-Campus Interview Coordinator, at 512-232-1161 or email@example.com.
Save the date! Fall OCI will be held weekdays August 12-26, 2014
The CSO uses Symplicity, an online system to manage all of our interview programs and job postings. If you are a returning employer and need your password, please select the "Forgot My Password" tab on the UT Law Symplicity homepage. If you are a new employer, please read the instructions below on how to register your organization in UT Law Symplicity at no cost. Please note that Symplicity is currently offering fee-based enhancements to the use of Symplicity through its service, OneStop, however, employers recruiting at UT Law are under no obligation to register for OneStop.
We also encourage you to review this sample step-by-step Employer Schedule Request (PDF).
Important Dates for Spring OCI 2014
Employers may recruit 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, domestic and foreign-trained LL.M.s, and recent graduates (up to one year after graduation) for summer clerkships or postgraduate positions. Interviewing dates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Monday, November 25, 2013: Employer registration opens at noon (Central) on UT Law Symplicity.
- Friday, January 24, 2014: Employer registration closes at noon (Central).
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014: Employer preselect period opens at noon (Central) on UT Law Symplicity.
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014: Employer preselects are due at noon (Central).
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014: Schedules available at noon (Central) on UT Law Symplicity.
- Monday-Friday, February 24-28, 2014: Spring On-Campus Interviews
In lieu of coming on campus, our firm/organization would like to do a resume collect. How do we sign up for this service?
For employers who wish to solicit student resumes but are unable to schedule on-campus interviews, you may select the resume collect option on the schedule request form (see instructions below).
How do we register for OCI? (Returning Employers)
The following are instructions for Spring OCI.
- Log in to UT Law Symplicity. Reminder: Your user name is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs] from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select the [Schedule Requests] tab.
- Click on the [Request Schedule] button.
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select [Spring 2014 OCI].
- Complete the form.
- Note that the default mode is [Interview].
- If you will not be conducting interviews on campus but wish to solicit student resumes, please be sure to select [Resume Collect].
- Please feel free to make additional scheduling notes in the box provided at the bottom of the form.
- Click the [Submit] button.
- Schedule requests are processed in the order they are received. Once your request is approved, you will receive an email confirmation along with an invoice for room and registration fees, if applicable.
For New Employers:
- Log in to UT Law Symplicity and select the [Register] tab.
- Complete the requested information and you will receive an email with your password as soon as your registration has been processed.
- Follow the instructions above for submitting your schedule (interview date) request.
How do we sign up for multiple offices?
If you are registering for multiple offices of your organization and do not see any of your related offices in the box labeled "Related Organization" on the schedule request page, please contact Sandra Puga
to set up multiple offices. If you do see the organizations you are registering for in this box, follow these instructions:
- Select "yes" for multiple offices.
- Next to [allow interviews with related offices,] select "yes" if students should submit a resume for each participating office that s/he is interested in. Each participating office will make their own interview selections, and thus, students could potentially receive more than one campus interview with your firm/organization.
- Next to [allow interviews with related offices,] select "no" if students will only be interviewed one time for multiple offices or one time for a specific office. Students will then be able to schedule only one campus interview with your firm/organization.
- Once you have selected an interview length and the amount of rooms you will need, you will be able to use the [slot matrix] to specify which locations will be participating in OCI. You will also be able to select which room will be interviewing for which city below the matrix.
- Please feel free to specify how you want the multiple office locations allocated in the [Schedule Notes] box or contact Sandra Puga at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
What is the cost to participate in OCI?
Fees are calculated based on the size of the law firm or organization and the number of interview rooms used. Please refer to the following rate table:
- 11–25 total attorneys per firm or organization - $200 per room
- 26–50 total attorneys per firm or organization - $300 per room
- 51–100 total attorneys per firm or organization - $400 per room
- 100+ attorneys per firm or organization - $500 per room
The following are exempt from the on-campus program fee:
- Employers who have not previously recruited on campus.
- Employers who have not interviewed on campus in five years or more.
- Law firms or organizations with 10 or fewer total attorneys.
- Government agencies.
- Nonprofit organizations.
Employers may pay online using The University of Texas at Austin's secured commerce site. Please note that you are not required to have an EID account to make these purchases. Simply click on "Continue to Checkout" on the lower left-hand side under the "Checkout" page.
When will we receive the student materials?
Resumes and any other requested prescreen materials (transcripts, writing samples, etc.) will be available Tuesday, February 18, at noon (Central) on UT Law Symplicity
. Detailed instructions will be sent to you once you have registered for Spring OCI.
Note regarding application materials:
Symplicity converts all uploaded Word documents into PDF documents. Please be aware that occasionally the original format of the document may be altered during the conversion. This is not the fault of the student but a limitation of the conversion software. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
When are interview selections due?
Please designate via UT Law Symplicity
the students you wish to interview (referred to as "preselect") and any alternates by noon (Central) on on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. Detailed instructions will be sent to you as these dates approach.