Five-Year Analysis by Employer Type
The graphs and statistics below are based on the full-time employed graduates from the Classes of 2009-13 combined.
- Employers Hiring UT Law Graduates . List of employers in the law firm, business/industry, government, judicial, public interest, and education sectors that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2009-13 combined.
- Law Firms Hiring UT Law Graduates . List of nearly 400 law firms that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2009-13 combined. Noted are those firms on the AM Law 200, which is a list of the top 200 grossing law firms in the U.S. as published by American Lawyer.
- Courts Hiring UT Law Graduates : List of federal, state, municipal, and international courts that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2009-13 combined.
- UT Law is one of the top law schools in the nation to place graduates on the U.S. Supreme Court. In the past five years, a UT Law alum has clerked for Chief Justice John Roberts (2013 term), Justice Samuel Alito (2011 term), Justice Clarence Thomas (2010 term), and Justice Anthony Kennedy (2009 term).
- According to UT Law Alumni Association, more than 300 UT Law alumni currently sit on the bench.
- UT Law graduates have been awarded Bristow Fellowships and become Presidential Management Fellows.
- UT Law graduates have been recruited and hired by federal agencies through the prestigious Legal Honors Programs.
- Each year UT Law hosts Public Service Career Fair, which is the largest public service job fair for law students in Texas.
- UT School of Law is a founding member of PSJD, a valuable resource for finding job opportunities in the public service sector.
Public Interest Organizations