Five-Year Analysis by Employer Type
The graphs and statistics below are based on the Classes of 2008-12 combined (unless otherwise noted).
- Employers Hiring UT Law Graduates (PDF): List of employers in the law firm, business/industry, government, judicial, public interest, and education sectors that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2008-12 combined.
- Law Firms Hiring UT Law Graduates (PDF): List of more than 300 law firms that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2008-12 combined. Noted are those firms on the AM Law 200, which is a list of the top 200 grossing law firms in the U.S. as published by American Lawyer.
- Courts Hiring UT Law Graduates (PDF): List of federal, state, municipal, and international courts that hired UT Law graduates from the Classes of 2008-12 combined.
- UT Law is one of the top law schools in the nation to place graduates on the U.S. Supreme Court. A UT Law alumnus will be clerking for Chief Justice John Roberts (2013 term) while other alumni have recently clerked for Justices Samuel Alito (2011 term), Clarence Thomas (2010 term), and Anthony Kennedy (2009 term).
- According to UT Law Alumni Association, more than 300 UT Law alumni currently sit on the bench.
- UT Law graduates have been awarded Bristow Fellowships and become Presidential Management Fellows.
- UT Law graduates have been recruited and hired by federal agencies through the prestigious Legal Honors Programs.
- Each year UT Law hosts Public Service Career Fair, which is the largest public service job fair for law students in Texas.
- UT School of Law is a founding member of PSJD, a valuable resource for finding job opportunities in the public service sector.
Public Interest Organizations