Equal Justice Scholarship
Program - Class of 2017
How to Apply
Only students beginning their first year of study at the Law School in the fall of 2014 are eligible for the Equal Justice Scholarship.
To apply, submit the following by 5pm CST Friday, February 28, 2014:
- Cover page with name and contact information, including email address, and the name of the scholarship program. (Applicants who wish to apply for both the Equal Justice Scholarship and the G. Rollie White Public Service Scholarship may submit one application and should indicate on the cover page that they are applying to both.)
- Personal statement describing commitment to public service and career goals following law school (not longer than four pages, double-spaced).
- Description of existing education-related debt and plans for financing cost of law school.
- One or two letters of recommendation from someone familiar with the applicant's commitment to public service. Signed letters of recommendation should be submitted by the recommender either as an email attachment or be physically mailed. They must be received by the February 28 deadline. (The scholarship program does not have access to letters of recommendation in the Admissions Office's files.)
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
Finalists may be asked to appear for an in-person interview at the Law School on Thursday, March 20, or Friday, March 21, 2014 (coinciding with Admitted Students Day). An interview via Skype may be arranged if necessary.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications should be emailed, mailed, or hand-delivered to:
Rachel Sidopulos, Administrator
William Wayne Justice Center for Public Interest Law
University of Texas School of Law
727 East Dean Keeton St.
Austin, Texas 78705
(512) 232-6277 telephone
We prefer applications submitted by email. If submitting by mail or by hand delivery, please print on plain, single-sided, unstapled paper.