- Courtroom Handbook on Texas Evidence (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003; St. Paul: West, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994) (with Steven Goode & Guy Wellborn).
- Guide to the Texas Rules of Evidence: Civil and Criminal (Texas Practice Series, Vols. 1-2) (St. Paul: West, 3rd ed. 2002; 2nd ed. 1993; 1st ed. 1988; Supplement 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989) (with Steven Goode & Olin Guy Wellborn III).
- Criminal Law: Cases and Materials (St. Paul: West, 5th ed. 2002; 4th ed. 1996; 3rd ed. 1987; 2nd ed. 1979; 1st ed. 1973) (with George E. Dix).
- Criminal Law (4th ed.; Belmont, CA: West/Wadsworth, 1999) (with George E. Dix).
- Basic Criminal Law: Cases and Materials (St. Paul: West, 3rd ed. 1987; 2nd ed. 1980; 1st ed. 1974) (with George E. Dix).
- Instructor’s Manual for Basic Criminal Law (St. Paul: West, 2nd ed. 1980) (with George E. Dix).
- Robert O. Dawson: Innovative Scholar, Teacher, and Public Servant [In Memoriam: Robert O. Dawson], 84 Texas Law Review 1675 (2006).
- Dissent from Recommendation to Set Fees Ex Post, 25 The Review of Litigation 497 (2006).
- The Poor State of Health Care Quality in the U.S.: Is Malpractice Liability Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?, 90 Cornell Law Review 893 (2005) (with David A. Hyman).
- Michigan Rulings Don’t End Quest for Answers, Austin American-Statesman, July 3, 2003, at A15.
- Panel One: Presidential-Legislative Relations: Confrontation or Coordination? [Symposium: Challenges to Fragile Democracies in the Americas: Legitimacy and Accountability], 36 Texas International Law Journal 325 (2001) (with Lourdes Flores Nano, Carlos Rosenkrantz & A. R. Brewer-Carias).
- A Tribute to a Legendary Dean, Townes Hall Notes, Spring 1999, at 3.
- Law School’s History on Race a Mix of Success, Frustration, Austin American-Statesman, Mar. 15, 1998, at H1.
- In Defense of the UT Law School, Austin American-Statesman, Mar. 14, 1998, at A13.
- Constructing Reality After Hopwood, 4 Texas Hispanic Journal of Law & Policy 45 (1998) (with Robert Berdahl et al.).
- Nation’s Lawyers Should Reflect Our Diverse Society, Houston Chronicle, Sept. 3, 1997, at A25 (with Herma Hill Kay).
- Affirmative Action Was a Success: Public Law Schools Must Be More Creative to Keep Attracting Minority Students, Los Angeles Times, Aug. 29, 1997, at B9 (with Herma Hill Kay).
- UT Faculty Council Behaved Like Kangaroo Court, Ignored Need for Evidence in Fight Over Moffett’s Gift, Daily Texan, Mar. 1, 1996, at 5.
- W. Page Keeton: The End of an Era, Townes Hall Notes, Fall 1995, at 7. [Reprinted in W. Page Keeton: Eulogies 1 (Austin: The University of Texas School of Law, 2000).]
- Comments on the Retirement of Dean Keeton, 74 Texas Law Review i (1995). [Reprinted in 77 Texas Law Review 1367 (1999).]
- Rules of Evidence, Discovery, no. 1, 1988, at 14 (with Steven Goode & Olin Guy Wellborn III).
- Article V—Privileges, 20 Houston Law Review 273 (1983) (with Steven Goode). [Reprinted in Texas Rules of Evidence Handbook (1983).]
- The Vanishing Right to Live, by Charles E. Rice, 8 Criminal Law Bulletin 231 (1972).
- Foreword, in Gus M. Hodges: An Oral History Interview v (H.W. Brands, interviewer; Austin: Jamail Center for Legal Research, 2002).
- Report of the Memorial Resolution Committee for Gus Macey Hodges to the General Faculty of the University of Texas at Austin (Aug. 31, 1995) (Chair, with Jack Ratliff & John Sutton).
Return to main profile page