- The Economics of Insurance Law- A Primer, 19 Connecticut Insurance Law Journal 29 (2012).
- The Impact of Tort Reform on Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Premiums, 28 Journal of Law, Economics & Organization 657 (2012) (with Leemore S. Dafney & Max M. Schanzenbach).
- Ex Ante versus Ex Post Expectation Damages, 32 International Review of Law & Economics 339 (2012) (with Zhiyong Liu).
- The Impact of Tort Reform on Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Premiums, 28 Journal of Law, Economics & Organization 657 (2012) (with Leemore S. Dafny & Max M. Schanzenbach).
- Private Information and the Option To Not Sue: A Reevaluation of Contract Remedies, 28 Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization 77 (2012) (with Zhiyong Liu).
- A Market Solution for Malpractice, New York Times, March 29, 2011, at A31. View Article.
- Private Regulation, 34 Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy 543 (2011).
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: The Warped Incentives in the U.S. Healthcare System, 37 American Journal of Law & Medicine 7 (2011).
- The Impact of Tort Reform on Private Health Insurance Coverage, February 2010, 12 American Law and Economics Review 319 (2010) (with Max Schanzenbach).
- The Unexpected Effects of Caps on Non-Economic Damages, 30 International Review of Law & Economics 291 (2010) (with Alvaro Bustos).
- [Opinion/Editorial] Silver: Texas-Style Caps on Noneconomic Damages isn't Smart Tort Reform, Star-Telegram, July 18, 2009 (with Charles M. Silver & David A. Hyman).
- Reply to Jonathan Carmel's Comment on Ronen Avraham: Private and Competitive Regulation of Medicine, The Economists' Voice, September 2009.
- Private and Competitive Regulation of Medicine, The Economists' Voice, August, 2009. <http://www.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1629&context=ev>
- Does Tort Reform Reduce Health Care Costs?, 3 NBER Bulletin on Aging & Health 1 (2009) (with Leemore Daphny & Max Schanzenbach).
- [Opinion/Editorial] Private Regulation of Medicine: A Win-Win-Win for Doctors, Patients and Public, Huffington Post, July, 2009. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronen-avraham/private-regulation-of-med_b_242937.html>
- Tragedy of the Human Commons, 29 Cardozo Law Review 15 (2008) (with K.A.D. Camara). <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1022132> [Reprinted in 1 Northwestern Interdisciplinary Law Review 15 (2008) (with K.A.D. Camara).]
- An Empirical Study of the Impact of Tort Reform on Medical Malpractice Settlement Payments, 36 Journal of Legal Studies S183 (2007). <http://papers.ssrn.com//sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=912922>
- Arrangements for Liquidated Damages in the New Proposed Civil Legislation, 4 Law & Business 389 (2006).
- Incomplete Contracts with Asymmetric Information: Exclusive v. Optional Remedies, 8 American Law and Economics Review 523 (2006) (with Zhiyong Liu). <http://aler.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/ahl011?ijkey=Gq7hBVzavsC6lQz&keytype=ref>
- Accident Law for Egalitarians, 12 Legal Theory 181 (2006) (with Issa Kohler Housmann). <http://ssrn.com/abstract=1022132>
- Putting a Price on Pain-and-Suffering Damages: A Critique of the Current Approaches and a Preliminary Proposal for Change, 100 Northwestern University Law Review 87 (2006). [Reprinted in 55 Defense Law Journal 711 (2006).]
- Modular Liability Rules, 24 International Review of Law and Economics 269 (2005).
- Should Pain-and-Suffering Damages be Abolished from Tort Law? More Experimental Evidence, 55 University of Toronto Law Journal 941 (2005). <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=836764>
- Revisiting the Roles of Legal Rules and Tax Rules in Income Redistribution: A Response to Kaplow & Shavell, 89 Iowa Law Review 1125 (2004) (with David Fortus & Kyle Logue).
- Redistributing Optimally: Of Tax Rules, Legal Rules, and Insurance 56 Tax Law Review 157 (2003) (with Kyle Logue).
- To the Editor, 355 New England Journal of Medicine 735 (2006) (reviewing Studdert DM, Mello MM, Gawande AA, et al. Claims, errors, and compensation payments in medical malpractice litigation, 354 New England Journal of Medicine 2024).
- Tort Reform May Reduce Healthcare Costs, but It's No Silver Bullet - So Let's Think Outside of the Box, in Materials on Tort Reform (A.F. Popper, ed., West, 2010).
Return to main profile page