Language from claim ticket
I just returned from a plane trip. This text was on the back of my baggage claim ticket:
BAGGAGE IS SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE TARIFF INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED HEREIN, FRAGILE ARTICLES ACCEPTED AT PASSENGER'S OWN RISK.
- There was no "herein" in which the limitations were contained.
- Why is my baggage subject to a tariff?
- And do we need the word "applicable"? How would my baggage be subject to an "inapplicable" tariff?
- The comma is obviously wrong.
- I had momentary confusion about who is doing the "accepting."