- Writing for Litigation (New York: Aspen Publishers, 2011) (with Kamela Bridges).
- The Legal Memo: A Basic Guide (Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt, 2008).
- Preparing Legal Documents Nonlawyers Can Read and Understand (Chicago: American Bar Association, 2008).
- Bouncing and E-Bouncing: The End of the Citational Footnote?, 26 Appellate Advocate 409 (2014) (with Elana Einhorn).
- Frequent Contributor, Austin Lawyer, 2007-Present.
- Issue Statements: Different Kinds for Different Documents, 50 Washburn Law Journal 341 (2011) (with Elana S. Einhorn). View Article
- The Texas Pattern Jury Charges--A Plain-Language Project: The Writing Consultant's View, Michigan Bar Journal, November 2010, at 48.
- E-Mail Like a Lawyer, Michigan Bar Journal, September 2010, at 48.
- Write Like a Human--Not Like a Lawyer, Trial, April 2010, at 30 (with Kamela Bridges).
- Advice for Drafting a New NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, 11 Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law 205 (2010). <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1660747>
- Legal Writing is Not What It Should Be, 34 Southern University Law Review 1 (2010). <http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1661130>
- When Your Boss Wants It the Old Way, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 163 (2008-2009).
- Writing to the Trial Judge--For Affidavits, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 141 (2008-2009).
- Writing to the Trial Judge--For Motions, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 131 (2008-2009).
- Seven Tips for Writing a Successful Legal Blog, New Jersey Law Journal, May 18, 2009, at 466.
- Tips for Writing a Law-Related Blog, Texas Lawyer, March 23, 2009, at 30.
- Teaching Transactional Skills in First-Year Writing Courses, Special Report Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law 53 (2009) (with Craig Smith, Pamela Wilkins, Danton Berube & Irene Segal Ayers). <http://www.law.utk.edu/centers/entrep/09TransSpecRept.pdf>
- E-Mail Like a Lawyer, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 151 (2008-2009).
- Writing for Your Client, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 123 (2008-2009).
- Blogging for Fun Instead of for Profit: Post Regularly, Relax the Language and Try a Bit of Humor, Conneticut Law Tribune, April 20, 2009 at 5.
- The Texas Pattern Jury Charges Plain-Language Task Force: The Writing Consultant's View, Clarity, November 2008 at 23.
- The Best of Wayne Schiess, 12 Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 123 (2008-2009).
- Email Like a Lawyer, Student Lawyer, May 2007, at 23.
- The Art of Consumer Drafting, 11 The Scribes Journal of Legal Writing 1 (2007).
Return to main profile page