Checklist for New Hourly Employees
Student Employees must complete all of these forms before they begin working.
Some you will find on-line and some are a PDF that will need to be submitted in person.
- Complete the top part of the School of Law appointment form
(PDF), print it, have Department Head or Professor complete the bottom half
and sign it. This form must be re-submitted each semester, prior to starting employment.
If you are a new UT employee or have not worked for UT in the last year,
then you will need to:
- Complete the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
Form (PDF). You must bring the forms of identity along with the I-9.
This form and required documents must be completed and turned in within two days of starting
employment or Payroll will hold your paycheck.
Once all of these are signed and completed, please return them to Human Resources in
The remaining forms must also be completed online before you
can be paid. This can only be done after you have submitted the forms above to
Human Resources in 2.122A and your appointment has been
- Complete the Background Check form online, if you have not already responded to the automated e-mail.
- Complete the My Paycheck Profile
online under BOTH "My Bank Info" & "My Paycheck Distribution".
If you cannot complete this online, then you will need to print and sign the
Payroll Services Employee Information Form
(PDF) with a voided check.
- Complete all of the Personal Information sections including:
- Complete the W-4 online at My Paycheck Profile under "My Withholding".
- Complete the online Ethics Statement.
- Complete the online Veteran Status Form.
- If you are a male, complete the online Selective Service Registration Information.
- As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) effective Oct. 1, 2013, uninsured individuals who would like to explore health care options can begin to shop for medical insurance through a newly created Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn more about your options on the UT System website or at www.healtcare.gov.