Passport Day, Wednesday, Feburary 18, 2009
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Law School Atrium
The International Student Programs office is hosting Passport Day to apply for
or renew passports. We will have U.S. Passport Acceptance Agents to process the
passport applications, on-site passport photo services and extra forms and
information. Everything you need to provide is listed below.
Bring all your completed paperwork for fastest service, but the required forms
will also be available on-site.
- Completed application form you can print at
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (choose one of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
- Certified Birth Certificate issued by the city,
county or state
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Verification of your Identity (choose one of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Government or Military ID
- Two identical passport photos, or $10 to have them taken on-site.
If you bring your own photos they must be:
- Color, 2x2 inches in size
- Taken in the past 6 months
- Full-face, front view with plain white or off-white background
- Normal street attire, no hats
- Passport Fees: Pay with checks (preferred), money orders only.
Please note you need to make two separate payments!
- Passport Application Fee: $75.00 ($60 for minors) payable to
U.S. Department of State
- Execution Fee: $25.00, or $35.00 if taking on-site photo, payable
to The University of Texas at Austin
Total = $100, or $110 if using on-site photo service. Routine passport
processing time is 4 weeks.
Optional services with additional fees:
Expedited Processing, passport received in 10–14 working days
— $60 payable to U.S. Department of State
Overnight return Delivery Service of Passport — $14.85 payable
to U.S. Department of State
Passport Card — $20 fee payable to U.S. Department
For more information, please read
Questions about passport requirements?
visit the UT Passport Office website at
or call 512-232-5899.
Questions about Passport Day?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call