Planning Your Own Event
For groups planning their events independently, we have provided a general checklist to serve as your guide. We suggest you complete the following steps in sequential order:
- Check room availability at the UT Law Rooms page and reserve a space for your event. For Special Event rooms, include any furniture setup or linens needed. Please inform the Special Events Office if you wish to handle the remaining aspects of the event independently. As a reminder, your reservation is not complete until you receive an email confirmation.
- If food will be served, decide on a caterer.
- Contact the caterer and give them a date, time and place to deliver the food. It is generally best to have the food delivered 30 minutes before the start of the event. Provide the caterer with your name, phone number, email and mailing address. Please be sure to let them know that you are ordering apart from the Special Events Office.
- Ensure the delivery driver has your onsite contact information. This way, they can contact you if any last-minute issues arise
- Fill out a Food Distribution Form and have it available at your event.
Once your event is finished:
- Complete an Official Occasion Expense Form for reimbursement
- On each invoice you receive, legibly write your name, event title, location, date and account to charge.
- You will then need to complete a voucher. In the purpose of expenditure section, include the following information:
- Name of the event
- Event date
- Location of the event
- Invoice number, if applicable
- Staple the voucher, occasion expense form and invoice together (in this order) and submit to Accounting (TNH 4.105). To view additional information from Accounting, please visit their Entertainment Reimbursement web page.