With a host of resources, including research tools and state politics and policy experts, the Center is a vital source of information for policymakers in Texas. The Center studies, conducts analysis and facilitates the success of Texas state policy and politics through a broad range of state-specific programs. Led by former state legislator Sherri Greenberg, who served 10 years in the Texas House of Representatives, the initiative includes coursework related to the state legislature as well as the Center's internship program.
The Center provides analysis on state policy issues for the Texas legislature. Under the supervision of Center faculty and staff, students participate in research projects to assist state legislators with bill drafting and analysis, data collections, and policy briefings.
The Center facilitates unique practical learning opportunities for students placed with the state legislature and agencies. In addition, students are mentored through a conference course that supplements their practical experience.
The Texas Tribune Festival is an innovative and engaging three-day event for people who are passionate about the issues that affect all Texans. Program tracks include ,
- 2013 Texas Legislative Session Wrap Up
- Texas Tribune Festival
- Texas Tribune Festival: Unofficial Kick-Off!
- Election 2012 Series
- GOVERNING Texas: A Leadership Forum
- The 82nd Texas Legislature: Preview of Hot Topics
- 2010 Debrief Conference with Keynote by Howard Dean
- Election Wrap Up: What's Next for Texas
- 7th Biennial Legislative Communication Partnership
- Will Texas Become a Two-Party State Again? And, If So, When? A talk with Dr. Richard Murray