Dr. Steven Beebe, a Regents' and University Distinguished Professor of Communication Studies at Texas State University. He served as Chair of his department at Texas State for 28 years and concurrently as Associate Dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication for 25 years.
He is the senior author of Training and Development: Communicating for Success, the top selling book about communication training used in communication departments at universities throughout the nation.
Dr. Beebe served as president of the National Communication Association, the largest academic professional communication association in the world, in 2013. He has received his university's top research and service awards and the National Speaker's Association has named him Outstanding Communication Professor in America.
20th Annual Training Expo 2016
Training and Professional Development Staff from Texas State Agencies and Universities are eligible to register.
When: Friday, February 26, 2016 Time: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Cost: $25 if registered and payment is received by January 31, 2016; $50 if registered between February 1st and February 11th.
NOTE: Payment must be received by January 31, 2016 to receive the $25 rate.
There will be no refunds after February 11, 2016, however substitutions will be accepted until noon on February 25, 2016.
Registration Deadline: February 11, 2016 - (No "walk-in" registrations accepted).
Where: Commons Learning Complex
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
The 20th annual Training Expo is just a few weeks away. The Governor’s Center for Management Development is pleased to host the Expo in collaboration with the SACC Training and Development Committee and the Texas Department of Information Resources. Many thanks to TASSCC, the E-Learning Council and volunteers from Texas government for supporting this event.
Over 350 people registered for last year’s event, representing over 50 agencies and universities. Expo provides a forum for sharing ideas, resources and learning that can help training and development professionals better serve their organizations. You'll also find networking opportunities where you can meet colleagues and other professionals to discuss training and development issues and challenges.
- Data Talks! Defining Business Outcomes and Documenting Results for Training
- Enhancing Communication Skills in the Classroom (and Everywhere Else!)
- E-Tools 2016: Free Apps and Shareware for Trainers
- Getting Ready for Gen Z
- How to Create Effective Learning Based Videos
- Making Your Training Presentations Accessible for Everyone
- Reaching New Audiences through Online Training
- Ready for Liftoff: How to Overcome the Barriers to Your Professional Development
- Visual Communication Best Practices: Learning from One Another
Our Closing Session will highlight "50 Training Tips in 50 Minutes". (Share your tip! Submit idea here)
EXPO 2016 final schedule coming soon.
There will be a $25 charge for Training EXPO 2016 if registered and paid by January 31, 2016; after this date, the fee will be $50. No refunds after February 11, 2016. If you would like to attend Expo this year, please complete your on-line registration now. You must register and pay in advance.
1) Financial Need Scholarship - Apply Here
2) 50 Tips - Learn More/Apply Here - A 60 second presentation can earn you free entry to Expo! TWENTY scholarships have been set aside for those who participate in this fun session!
If you have questions about the event, please call the Governor's Center at (512) 475-8100.
We look forward to seeing you at this year's Training Expo!