International Programs and Services
The LBJ School's program of professional development has a growing international component that both brings public officials to the School from countries throughout the world to gain new skills and information and provides for LBJ School faculty and staff to deliver educational programs in those countries. Prior events have included:
- Annual 2-week public management and leadership program for visiting scholars from the Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE) and The Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya.
- Professional training seminar for potential community leaders from Argentina conducted with the Fundación Universitaria del Río de la Plata (FURP).
- A cooperative policy research training program for representatives of Brazilian civic organizations.
- A long standing relationship with the Leadership Academy of the German State of Baden-Württemberg to provide international internships.
- Eight years as one of eleven U.S. institutions of higher education that hosted the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, a year-long program for mid-career professionals from developing countries.
- Three-year series of Ford-Foundation-funded international conferences on local governance, bringing together representatives from 25 countries at locations in the U.S., the Philippines and Brazil.
- Lectures on government reform at the National School of Administration in Beijing, China;
- Leadership and strategic planning seminar for senior government officials in Riga, Latvia.
- Partnerships and Collaboration Meeting to Establish Collaborative Programs between Mexican Universities and The University of Texas at Austin in conjunction with the RGK Center for Philanthropy & Community Service at the LBJ School.
- International symposium, funded and convened by the Organization for American States Pro-Corridor Project to discuss several OAS funded transportation projects in Latin America.
- Annual meeting of the project directors from the U.S., Canada, and Mexico for the US Department of Education's Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education (FIPSE).