Register today for a Longhorn Aquatics diving clinic June 21!
Diving Clinic - An introductory clinic for beginning and prospective divers – all abilities are welcome!
June 21 (4-6pm)
Requirements: 6 years and older, Must be able to swim in deep water
Price: $75 non-refundable (limit 28 spaces available)
Instructors: The clinic will be instructed by the Longhorn Aquatics diving coaches including three time Olympian, Gabriel Chereches.
The Diving Clinic will include:
- Dry-land training (gymnastic mats, dry-board, trampolines)
Participants will learn the basic diving body movements and skills on gymnastic mats, dry-boards and trampolines. We will demonstrate a few training techniques such as the spotting belt system.
- Water (1M, 3M springboards; 0.2M, 1M, 3M, 5M, 7M, 10M platforms)
Participants will learn general diving rules for all diving facilities. Additionally, they will learn how to land in the water with the proper body position. Instructors will demonstrate and train participants how to safely jump into air bubbles, which are used by divers to learn new dives. Based on each participant’s ability and willingness, they will perform jumps and dives from springboards and platforms of various heights. Participants may be allowed by instructors to jump from the 10M platform if they are ready and willing.
- If already a Longhorn Aquatics member, use your username and password
- If not, click the button “Click here to Register” – register the PARENT information (you will be prompted to add your family member/athlete’s information later on)
- Select your Interest
- Add Family Members – input athlete(s) information
- Click the “Sign up for Camp/Class” button
- Sign up for the desired clinic(s) and add to cart
- “View My Cart & Checkout”
- Select your Payment Method – Credit Card
- “Continue to Checkout”
- Review your order and “Continue with Payment and Scheduling”
- Checkout/Payment Info – “Purchase Now”
A liability waiver will be emailed and must be signed by a parent or guardian prior to the athlete entering the pool deck
What to Bring:
- Swim suit, towel, and athletic/workout shorts
Parking is available in the Trinity and Manor Garages at the daily rate. http://www.utexas.edu/parking/maps/mapbeta.html