Diving Clinic – An introductory clinic for beginning and prospective divers – all ability levels are welcome!
When: September 13th, 2014 from 2-4pm
Bring: Swim suit, towel, athletic/workout shorts.
Requirements: 6 years and older, Must be able to swim in deep water
Price: $75 nonrefundable (limit 21 spaces available)
Instructors: The clinic will be instructed by the Longhorn Aquatics diving coaches led by the Head Coach Gabi Chereches, a three time Olympian.
Diving Clinic Flyer – September 13th, 2014 from 2-4pm: Please share this info with friends, classmates and anybody that has an interest in diving.
The Diving Clinic will include:
Dry-land training (gymnastic mats, dry-board, trampolines)
Participants will learn the basic diving body movements and skills on gymnastic mats, dry-boards and trampolines. We will demonstrate a few training techniques such as the spotting belt system.
Water (1M, 3M springboards; 0.2M, 1M, 3M, 5M, 7M, 10M platforms)
Participants will learn general diving rules for all diving facilities. Additionally, they will learn how to land in the water with the proper body position. Instructors will demonstrate and train participants how to safely jump into air bubbles, which are used by divers to learn new dives. Based on each participant’s ability and willingness, they will perform jumps and dives from springboards and platforms of various heights. Participants may be allowed by instructors to jump from the 10M platform if they are ready and willing.
If already a Longhorn Aquatics member, use your username and password to access the Web Store and purchase the clinic of your choice.
If not, do the following:
- Click the button “Click here to Register” – register the PARENT information (you will be prompted to add your family member/athlete’s information later on)
- Select your Interest
- Add Family Members – input athlete(s) information
2. Click the “Web Store” icon on the top of the page.
3. Select “Clinics” from the product list and choose the desired clinic(s) to add to your cart
4. “View My Cart & Checkout”
5. Select your Payment Method – Credit Card
6. “Continue to Checkout”
7. Review your order and “Continue with Payment and Scheduling”
8. Checkout/Payment Info – “Purchase Now”
Please email coach Gabi with any questions.