Currently, the Pflugerville program has limited space. For information on availability contact email@example.com.
New groups and pricing as of Sept. 1, 2013:
Ideally four legal strokes, must have three stroke that are legal.
Must be able to swim 25 meters with three legal stokes.
Practice Guidelines: 80% instruction, 10% training, 10% fun. Teach and continue to improve basic swimming fundamentals.
* Body position
* Stack and lock streamline
* Properly kick all four strokes
* Properly swim all four strokes
* Starts and Turns
* Breathing pattern for free and fly introduced: fly – every other, Free – every three. Once they are taught a specific skill they should always perform it correctly.
Competition: Developmental swim meets that cater to the beginning swimmer. Meets are mostly in the Austin area.
Competitive Swimming Education:
* Team cheers
* TXLA Heroes
* Basic definition of a goal
* Determine weekly practice goals
* Streamline off every wall. Be able to push off back, side, and stomach.
* Has knowledge and can execute at least three core drills pertaining to each stroke.
* Can comfortably execute turns.
* Has four legal strokes maintaining proper body position.
* Has a legal 100 IM.
* Has basic knowledge of pace clock skills.
* Can complete 8 x 50 freestyle kick under 1:20 on a 1:50 interval.
* Has good practice habits.
* Understands the rules of swimming.
* Legal starts and finishes.
* Can dive off a starting block.
* Knows how to do a legal relay start.
* Understands and can display good sportmanship.
Silver $135/ month
* “BB” Times in three events or close in their age group classification. (can make within the season)
* Can train at the slowest intervals listed for Silver.
* Successfully swim a set of 1200 -1500 meters in length holding proper streamlines, stroke technique, and breathing patterns and be able to get set appropriate rest.
Yardage is moderate intensity and technique oriented, interval training is introduced, and kicking is emphasized. The amount of yardage and intervals is secondary to technique and following directions. Stress good workout habits.
Practice Guidelines: 40% Instruction & Technique, 60% Training.
* Strong work ethic in Med-Ball dryland.
* Trains in all four strokes, must be able to swim 100 meters of each stroke.
* Reads pace clock and can read times on repeats.
* Can hold varying breath patterns (3-5-7).
* Is able to do 4 x 25 under water streamline with fins without a breath. (interval is quite liberal)
* Holds body line of the wall on all four strokes.
* Swims comfortably with a snorkel.
* Race strategies are introduced and practiced.
* Kick sets are typically stroke specific and not choice.
* Swim set minimums: 8 x 100 Free > 1:40, 8 x 100 IM > 1:50. 200 Free and 200 IM should be staple events to train.
Sets should not exceed 2400 meters in duration.
Competition: South Texas “A” Championships
Competitive Swimming Education:
* Goals, start to understand the importance of the process of goal setting, not just focusing on outcomes.
* Swimmers have two goal setting meetings with coach and coach sets swimmers three “uppermost” goals.
* Swimmers visit with the coach before and after a race to discuss the outcome. Swimmers should be able to tell coach how they will approach the race.
Exit Criteria: Swimmers become eligible through strong work ethic.
* Commitment to 7 – 9 workouts per week and demonstrated dedication to dryland program.
* Can train within the minimum intervals of the Gold Group.
Gold $150/ month
Description coming soon.
- Please complete the Longhorn Aquatics Registration Form
- Be sure that the packet is fully completed and that you have read through the Longhorn Aquatics Team Handbook
- New members not affiliated with a club team will need to submit a USA Swimming form (PDF) and tryout form signed from the coach. Current USA Swimming members do not need to submit the USA Swimming form but MUST submit the tryout form and a South Texas Transfer form (PDF). The transfer to Longhorn Aquatics will be free if you transfer from a team within the South Texas LSC.
- ALL new members must also submit a copy of their birth certificate and current physical or Physician’s Authorization that has an exam date within the last 24 months with their registration packet.
**A copy of all these documents can also be found under Join Us>Forms
- Members will be charged an initial registration fee. This fee includes a $50 Annual TXLA registration fee that is charged each year per family.
-New USA swimming members will be charged their USA registration fee of $70 upon registration.
- There will also be a current month’s pro-rated training fee charged based on the training start date to the 1st of the next month. Monthly dues will begin automatically drafting from your credit card on the 1st of the next month.
- Upon registration, you will receive an email with your account login information for your fees. Members will be sent emails on the 5th of the month if they have incurred meet fees from the prior month. THESE ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY DRAFTED. You will have to login and pay for these fees by the 25th of the month to avoid any further penalties including no meet participation or membership suspension.
Coach Doug Russell
700 Railroad Ave
Pflugerville, TX 78660