To become a member of Longhorn Aquatics, prospective members must attend a tryout session. There are minimum qualifications to becoming a member of our program. Please be sure to look at each group’s descriptions to ensure your skill qualifications will be met before scheduling a tryout.
- Contact the appropriate coach to schedule a time for your tryout. Generally tryouts are held during regular practice times. (Each athlete is allowed one free tryout per sport).
- Submit to the front desk of the Texas Swimming Center the necessary tryout form when you arrive for your tryout (also available at the front desk). The front desk will then help assist and give instructions for your first tryout.
- Swimmers will demonstrate to the best of their ability the four competitive swimming strokes and turns for each stroke (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly). Similar, yet appropriate, requirements will be in place for divers and water polo players.
- The coach conducting the tryout will meet with parents and swimmers to discuss group options, schedules, fees (swimming, masters swimming, diving, and water polo) and answer questions.
- Once the athlete’s skills are approved by the coach, make sure to include the completed tryout form with a completed registration packet on your first day of practice.
For more information on registration and tryouts please call 512-471-7433, or call one of the following coaches:
** All you will need for your tryout is a swimming suit, towel, goggles, and your tryout form. Only when trying out are parents allowed on deck. After your child’s first tryout, we cannot allow parents on deck.