Media Advisory: Panel, ‘The Economy in 2013 — Now What?’
Sept. 26, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas — EVENT: Tom Gilligan, economist and dean of the McCombs School of Business, will share the 30,000-foot view of America’s economy in 2012, followed by three Texas business leaders who will share what they see coming up in their sectors:
- Health care: Spencer Berthelsen, M.D., Chairman and Managing Director, Kelsey-Seybold Clinics
- Technology: Steve Felice, President and Chief Commercial Officer, Dell Inc.
- Oil & gas: Cedric Burgher, Chief Financial Officer, QR Energy
BACKGROUND: The panel will discuss topics related to our current economy. Questions may include:
- Will we see budget deficits and a double-dip recession?
- Will Europe resolve its financial challenges?
- Will the new unrest in the Middle East panic Wall Street?
- Will a consistent 13,000+ Dow cause profits to rise across Texas?
- How might November’s election outcome change the economic landscape?
WHEN: 7:30–9 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012
WHERE: Room 204, AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center, 1900 University Ave., Austin
SPONSORS: Presented by Texas Enterprise, Texas CEO magazine and the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin
For more information, contact: Renee Hopkins, Red McCombs School of Business, 512 471 6746; Gayle Hight at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-475-6423