Application Deadline: December 1 for fall admission
Application Available: September 1
Length of Program: 2 years full-time
Degree Awarded: Master of Science in Nursing
Part-Time Study Available? YES
Distance Learning Available? NO
MSN Admission Requirements | MSN Application Procedures
About the MSN
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is designed to provide the opportunity for advanced study in select areas of nursing science, professional foundations, related sciences, and modes of systematic inquiry related to advanced and specialized professional nursing practice. This program requires students to have a current Registered Nurse license and hold either a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, or a non-nursing baccalaureate degree and an Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. MSN students can choose from one of ten concentration areas on which to focus (click on the link for a program description and degree plan):
- Child Health with Role Specialty in Administration, Public Health Nursing, or Teaching
- Family Nurse Practitioner *
- Family Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner *
- Adult – Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Holistic Adult Health with Role Specialty in Administration or Teaching
- Maternity with Role Specialty in Administration, Public Health Nursing, or Teaching
- Nursing Administration and Healthcare Systems Management
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner *
- Public Health Nursing
*Please see Advance Practice Degree Program Comparison for additional requirements.
Advanced Practice Nursing (APN): Visit Advanced Practice Nursing web page to learn about APN programs.
Gerontology Portfolio: Visit Gerontology Portfolio web page to learn about Gerontology Portfolio.
All files are in PDF format.