The Academic Support Resources program offers academic support to nursing majors through Individual Academic Counseling, Academic Peer Tutoring, a variety of Study Skills Workshops, and referrals to campus services.
To obtain services/resources students are asked to make an appointment using the following steps:
- Visit Advisor Appointment page to make an appointment.
- After you log in with your UT EID, select Academic Support Resources.
- On the next screen, select an appropriate date and choose from the available times.
Contact: For further information, contact Dr. Patricia Castañeda-English, Academic Support Resources Program Coordinator
NUR 2.448 | (512) 232-4775 | Email Patricia Castañeda-English
Individual Academic Counseling: Students receive individual assistance with a range of study skills including time management, reading and note taking, test taking, using visual study aids, reducing academic anxiety and more!
Academic Peer Tutoring: Free academic tutoring is available to undergraduate nursing majors for most prerequisite science and nursing courses and for certain upper division courses. Students are encouraged to request and work with a tutor early in the semester for best results.
Study Skills Workshops: A variety of study skills workshops designed to help you improve skills important to success in the School of Nursing are offered during the Fall and Spring semesters. All UT Nursing students are welcomed. Some topics include Time Management; Test -Taking Strategies; Principles of Memory, Reading and Note-taking; Learning Styles and more!
Other Resources for Academic Support
- The Undergraduate Writing Center provides individual advice on all aspects of writing to UT undergraduates.
- The Graduate Student Resources provides assistance with the overall writing process through individualized writing consultations.
- The Sanger Learning Center provides individual and group tutoring, study skills workshops and classes, and learning specialists who can assist you with study questions and concerns.
- The UT Counseling and Mental Health Center provides resources for managing stress and anxiety in addition to resources on personal growth and well-being.