Distinguished Alumni Award for Excellence in Nursing
Open to any graduate of the UT Austin School of Nursing who has demonstrated significant sustained leadership in education, practice, or research to improve the health of their community, state and/or nation.
Rising Star Alumni Award
Open to any graduate of the UT Austin School of Nursing who received his or her degree in the last ten years and who has evidenced leadership, impact, and innovation in healthcare delivery and/or healthcare policy and who is actively engaged in contributing to the profession.
General Nomination Information/Instructions
- All nominations are due by September 15th.
- Individuals may nominate themselves.
- Please note that an individual may be ineligible if any of the following conditions prevail:
- Current candidate for public office
- Member of the selection committee
- Previous recognition as a Distinguished Alum of the UT Austin School of Nursing
- Not in good standing with the appropriate state’s board of nursing
- Cannot be present at the time and place of the award presentation (evening of November 7, 2013 in Austin, Texas)
- The individuals selected for the Distinguished Alumni Award for Excellence in Nursing and the Rising Star Alumni Award will be notified in early October of their selection so that they may confirm plans to attend the evening event on November.
Alumni Nomination Form
Nomination for this event has ended.