- 2011-2012: Implicit Rationing of Nursing Time and Care: An Exploration of Salient Behavioral, Normative, and Control Beliefs among Registered Nurses.
- 2011-2012: Measurement of the Dimensions of Nursing Work Time. Funded by the Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses (AMSN). July 14, 2011-July 13, 2012.
- 2011-2011: Rationing of Nursing Care, Stress of Conscience, and Job Burnout in Texas Hospital Nurses. Funded by The University of Texas at Austin Summer Research Award. June 1, 2011-July 31, 2011.
- 2008-2009: Quantification of Nursing Surveillance and Nursing Intervention Markers with Real Time Location System (RTLS) and Wi-Fi Technology – Is it Feasible? Funded by University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center National Clinical & Translational Clinical Training Award KL2 RR024982-02 Packer (PI).
- 2004: Nurse Sensitive Process and Outcome Measures for Patients with Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome Receiving Mechanical Ventilation. Unfunded dissertation research. The University of Texas at Austin. May, 2004.
- 1990: Social Isolation in Intubated and Non-Intubated Patients in the ICU. Unfunded thesis. Texas Woman’s University, August, 1990.